Reliable freeware (RTOS and TCP/IP) for ARM7

Started by Unknown June 12, 2007
"Morten M J&#4294967295;rgensen" <neax@fake.mail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks allot for all your replies - great help! > > We have not totally discarded the possibility of commercial products. > > RTX RealTime Kernel and TCP/IP from Keil are under consideration - any > commets on this choice? > > "Morten M J&#4294967295;rgensen" <neax@fake.mail.com> skrev i en meddelelse > news:466e4f20$0$178$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...
I am working on a project using FreeRTOS. I was exploring FreeRTOS + uip vs. RTX + TCP/IP (Keil). I got very nervous about the selection of the Ethernet controller, device drive and TCP/IP stack and was basically sold on going the commercial route for that reason. However, our requirement for Ethenet went away and we went with FreeRTOS. The key here is with what tools? We are using Eclipse + GNUARM + Cygwin succesfully but it was a bit of pain initially, but we are are comfortable with them now. If you can afford commercially supported tools for all of your developers don't hesitate to go that path. If you can't then that is a different issue. Cost was a huge issue for us. TC

Memfault Beyond the Launch