highly-parallel highspeed connection between two FPGA boards

Started by Maurice Branson July 12, 2007
On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 15:55:39 +0100, "Tom Lucas"
<news@REMOVE_tlcs_THIS_dot_TO_fsnet_REPLY_dot_co.uk> wrote:

>"Marc Battyani" <Marc.Battyani@fractalconcept.com> wrote in message >news:nPGdnWZQAqSCEArbnZ2dnUVZ8vidnZ2d@giganews.com... >> >> "Maurice Branson" <traubenuss@arcor.de> wrote >>> >>> Oay, to make it more precise: I'm looking for an interconnect system >>> (multi-channel plug + receptacle) for 24 differential pairs at >>> signaling rates of 3 - 6 Gbps per channel. >> >> I don't know if you have already looked at them, but for things like >> that, I use Samtec connectors and cables. >> http://samtec.com/high_speed_connectors/2006/si_b2b.asp >> http://samtec.com/high_speed_connectors/2006/SI_C2B.asp?m=hs > >I can recommend Samtec as well - very fast service and samples turn up >in under two days. Knowledgable reps too. >
I alos like Samtec, but their prices has been kreeping up over the last number of years. Every time we buy the price is up from the previous time. There are quite a few pretty standard connector families that can take coax pins. D-Type and Din 41612 to name 2. You can also try Nicomatic. They make small connectors which can take coax pins. They can do a custom connector for quite cheap. Less than US$500 if I recall correctly for NRE charges. Regards Anton Erasmus