How to transport UART format data to PC?

Started by Unknown August 1, 2007
Hi All,

I have an image sensor module which has an UART output format. Now, I
want to get it work and transport the image data to PC for testing!
What need I do to get it? The sensor works at least 460KBaud.

I need the fast way to get it work, any suggestion would be great
appreciated!

Thanks!
Jacky

flashlib@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi All, > > I have an image sensor module which has an UART output format. Now, I > want to get it work and transport the image data to PC for testing! > What need I do to get it? The sensor works at least 460KBaud. > > I need the fast way to get it work, any suggestion would be great > appreciated! > > Thanks! > Jacky >
Doh, How about something to work with here. What image sensor module ? What is the format of the UART data ? 460KBaud is not a standard PC baud rate, external hardware may be necessary. donald
> Doh, > > How about something to work with here. > > What image sensor module ?
It's a image sample device.
> What is the format of the UART data ?
I mean the device output the image data through UART.
> > 460KBaud is not a standard PC baud rate, external hardware may be necessary. > > donald
So need I make a board by USB + DSP/FPGA + image device? If so, I have to develop the firmware, driver and my application. But I have no exerience in firmware and driver development. Any suggestions?
<flashlib@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All, > > I have an image sensor module which has an UART output format. Now, I > want to get it work and transport the image data to PC for testing! > What need I do to get it? The sensor works at least 460KBaud. > > I need the fast way to get it work, any suggestion would be great > appreciated!
Find an USB-serial converter that supports the baudrate needed. Leo Havm&oslash;ller.
On 8 2 ,   3 34 , Leo Havm=F8ller <rtx...@nospam.nospam> wrote:
> <flash...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > news:1186021468.906882.15100@m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > > > Hi All, > > > I have an image sensor module which has an UART output format. Now, I > > want to get it work and transport the image data to PC for testing! > > What need I do to get it? The sensor works at least 460KBaud. > > > I need the fast way to get it work, any suggestion would be great > > appreciated! > > Find an USB-serial converter that supports the baudrate needed. > > Leo Havm=F8ller.
Thanks Leo! USB-serial converter and then program it like a real COM port?
On 8 2 ,   4 48 , flash...@gmail.com wrote:
> On 8 2 , 3 34 , Leo Havm=F8ller <rtx...@nospam.nospam> wrote: > > > > > <flash...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > >news:1186021468.906882.15100@m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > > > > Hi All, > > > > I have an image sensor module which has an UART output format. Now, I > > > want to get it work and transport the image data to PC for testing! > > > What need I do to get it? The sensor works at least 460KBaud. > > > > I need the fast way to get it work, any suggestion would be great > > > appreciated! > > > Find an USB-serial converter that supports the baudrate needed. > > > Leo Havm=F8ller. > > Thanks Leo! > USB-serial converter and then program it like a real COM port?
I find a converter of silicon's CP2101. It can support 460800 921600bps. Is it OK?
In article <46b1891b$0$2701$edfadb0f@dread12.news.tele.dk>, Leo
Havm&#4294967295;ller <rtxleh@nospam.nospam> writes
><flashlib@gmail.com> wrote in message >news:1186021468.906882.15100@m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com... >> Hi All, >> >> I have an image sensor module which has an UART output format. Now, I >> want to get it work and transport the image data to PC for testing! >> What need I do to get it? The sensor works at least 460KBaud. >> >> I need the fast way to get it work, any suggestion would be great >> appreciated! > >Find an USB-serial converter that supports the baudrate needed.
I wouldn't do that. Most are less than 100% reliable and usually only support the standard baud rates. Use a PC with a serial port. -- \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/ /\/\/ chris@phaedsys.org www.phaedsys.org \/\/\ \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
"Chris Hills" <chris@phaedsys.org> wrote in message
> In article <46b1891b$0$2701$edfadb0f@dread12.news.tele.dk>, Leo Havm&#4294967295;ller > <rtxleh@nospam.nospam> writes >><flashlib@gmail.com> wrote in message >>news:1186021468.906882.15100@m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com... >>> Hi All, >>> >>> I have an image sensor module which has an UART output format. Now, I >>> want to get it work and transport the image data to PC for testing! >>> What need I do to get it? The sensor works at least 460KBaud. >>> >>> I need the fast way to get it work, any suggestion would be great >>> appreciated! >> >>Find an USB-serial converter that supports the baudrate needed.
If by USB-serial converter one means a packaged module rather than a chip then higher baud rates can be problematical because 232 was never inteded for these speeds. However, if one uses chips and directly interface at 5v/3v3 then good results are definitely possible.
> I wouldn't do that. Most are less than 100% reliable and usually only > support the standard baud rates.
My own experience is that they can work well and that they generally support higher baudrates - signal integrity, as describe above, being the main problem.
> Use a PC with a serial port.
Since the OP asked for at least 460KBaud (though I think they meant 460kBaud) and PC serial port go to 115 there would be a problem. -- Peter
On 2007-08-02, flashlib@gmail.com <flashlib@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have an image sensor module which has an UART output format. Now, I > want to get it work and transport the image data to PC for testing!
Hook it up to a UART on the PC.
> What need I do to get it?
A serial port.
> The sensor works at least 460KBaud. > > I need the fast way to get it work, any suggestion would be great > appreciated!
Use a serial port that runs at 460K baud. -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! Were these parsnips at CORRECTLY MARINATED in visi.com TACO SAUCE?
On 2007-08-02, flashlib@gmail.com <flashlib@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I have an image sensor module which has an UART output format. >>> Now, I want to get it work and transport the image data to PC >>> for testing! What need I do to get it? The sensor works at >>> least 460KBaud. >> >>> I need the fast way to get it work, any suggestion would be >>> great appreciated! >> >> Find an USB-serial converter that supports the baudrate >> needed.
> USB-serial converter and then program it like a real COM port?
Yes. It is a real COM port. -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! Do you think the at "Monkees" should get gas on visi.com odd or even days?

Memfault Beyond the Launch