Memfault State of IoT Report

MCU with 3 UARTs

Started by ratemonotonic September 7, 2007
On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 14:05:47 GMT, Mike Harrison <mike@whitewing.co.uk>
wrote:

>On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 21:34:15 +0200, Anton Erasmus <nobody@spam.prevent.net> wrote: > >>On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:32:03 -0000, ratemonotonic >><niladri1979@gmail.com> wrote: >> >>>Hi all, >>> >>>Has anyone used a Low power MCU with 3 hardware UARTs. >>> >>>Any help appreciated. >>> >> >>The STR7 and STR9 ARM MCUs from ST has three UARTs. >> >>Regards >> Anton Erasmus > >There might be something in the Cypress Psoc range that can be configured for 3 UARTS.
Yes, this is correct. I am using a PsoC to get 6 --- 1/2 duplex UARTS PLUS 1 full duplex UART. They can be configured for 4 (four) full duplex UARTS, or you can re-configure on the fly a receiver to be a transmitter and vis-a-vers-a as I am doing. This product is for a "hub" used with our company's existing products. boB K7IQ
On Sep 7, 6:32 pm, ratemonotonic <niladri1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, > > Has anyone used a Low power MCU with 3 hardware UARTs. > > Any help appreciated. > > Thanks > Niladri Bose.
Hi I have a similar question , has anyone used a low power (3.3V) with 3 XUSART modules.(I'm trying to implement SDLC/HDLC protocols) Thanks
ratemonotonic wrote:
> Hi all, > > Has anyone used a Low power MCU with 3 hardware UARTs. > > Any help appreciated. > > Thanks > Niladri Bose. >
The small ColdFires have 3 hardware UARTs ("low power" is a pretty vague term) if you need more processing power, otherwise the AVRs are a good choice.
tguclu wrote:
> On Sep 7, 6:32 pm, ratemonotonic <niladri1...@gmail.com> wrote: > >>Hi all, >> >>Has anyone used a Low power MCU with 3 hardware UARTs. >> >>Any help appreciated. >> >>Thanks >>Niladri Bose. > > > Hi > I have a similar question , has anyone used a low power (3.3V) with 3 > XUSART modules.(I'm trying to implement SDLC/HDLC protocols) > Thanks
So you want 3 SDLC/HDLC ports ? Those are relatively rare in uC: Infineon had a C165 variant with HDLC, and the STR71x from ST has one HDLC channel. Then in uP, we have Rabbit, 6 uart, of which 2 Chans can do HDLC, and you could even look at the Zilog Comms controllers, ( or even Z80382, which DOES have 3 x HDLC, tho that's probably a bigger call for a new design....) Innovasic have some HDLC devices, they have the venerable 8044, and perhaps more interesting is the FIDO series, which does claim to have HDLC support in the UIC blocks, and there are 4 of those. -jg
tguclu <tugrul.guclu@gmail.com> wrote in news:1189408543.913827.147040@
50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

> On Sep 7, 6:32 pm, ratemonotonic <niladri1...@gmail.com> wrote: >> Hi all, >> >> Has anyone used a Low power MCU with 3 hardware UARTs. >> >> Any help appreciated. >> >> Thanks >> Niladri Bose. > > Hi > I have a similar question , has anyone used a low power (3.3V) with 3 > XUSART modules.(I'm trying to implement SDLC/HDLC protocols) > Thanks >
Check out the Freescale Embedded PPC chips 8XX(X) line. Their SCC/UCC support async and SYNC protocols.
"ratemonotonic" <niladri1979@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi all, > > Has anyone used a Low power MCU with 3 hardware UARTs. > > Any help appreciated. > > Thanks > Niladri Bose. >
The ATmega1280 has an 8 bit AVR RISC core and provides 4 UARTs. -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB

Memfault State of IoT Report