Forums

ISP and JTAG Headers for AVRs

Started by ratemonotonic October 2, 2007
Hi all ,

I am new to AVRs , and I am stuck at trying to select the correct
connectors for the target board to properly connect to JTAG ICE mkII
and AVR ISP mkII. Unfortunately cannot find any reference on atmel
docs about the connector dimension etc.

For ppl who have already done this before it will be a piece of cake !
would it be possible to get some part numbers , any info.

BR
Rate

ratemonotonic wrote:
> Hi all , > > I am new to AVRs , and I am stuck at trying to select the correct > connectors for the target board to properly connect to JTAG ICE mkII > and AVR ISP mkII. Unfortunately cannot find any reference on atmel > docs about the connector dimension etc.
Not looking hard enough. http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools.asp?family_id=607 and here http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_id=3891 includes links for the 6 pin ISP header in the AVR Dragon entry. Documentation for the JTAG mkII also provides the data. The only Dragon documentation I have found is the online documentation inside AVR Studio.
> For ppl who have already done this before it will be a piece of cake ! > would it be possible to get some part numbers , any info.
2 rows of 5 24 mil square posts on 100 mil centers for JTAG. 2 rows of 3 for ISP, altho there is an alternate pinout for 10 pins.
On 2 Oct, 18:11, David Kelly <n4...@Yahoo.com> wrote:
> ratemonotonic wrote: > > Hi all , > > > I am new to AVRs , and I am stuck at trying to select the correct > > connectors for the target board to properly connect to JTAG ICE mkII > > and AVR ISP mkII. Unfortunately cannot find any reference on atmel > > docs about the connector dimension etc. > > Not looking hard enough. > > http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools.asp?family_id=607and herehttp://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_id=3891includes > links for the 6 pin ISP header in the AVR Dragon entry. Documentation > for the JTAG mkII also provides the data. The only Dragon documentation > I have found is the online documentation inside AVR Studio. > > > For ppl who have already done this before it will be a piece of cake ! > > would it be possible to get some part numbers , any info. > > 2 rows of 5 24 mil square posts on 100 mil centers for JTAG. > > 2 rows of 3 for ISP, altho there is an alternate pinout for 10 pins.
thanks man ! Will try and look harder before asking.