MAX3002 MAX3003 SPI 3.3v <> 5v Level Translation

Started by Aly November 19, 2007
Hello,

Would anyone have experience of these parts?  Namely, caveats and design
considerations?

I'm intending to use a suitable level translator between a 5v dsPIC (It has
to be 5v for an 8-bit bus) and a 3.3v SPI MMC/SD card.

A voltage divider isn't really suitable due to 3.3v not quite reaching the
dsPIC's 1 threshold.  So it makes sense to digitally convert all of the
lines.

I have 16 of these little TSSOP 0.65mm pitch parts staring at me..  They
look pretty harmless.

Thanks kindly,

Alison

Aly wrote:
> > Would anyone have experience of these parts? Namely, caveats and design > considerations? >
If the traces are of any length, put a serial termination resistor in each one. That seems to be all as far as I've found out, otherwise they just behave.
"Paul Burke" <paul@scazon.com> wrote in message
> > If the traces are of any length, put a serial termination resistor in > each one. That seems to be all as far as I've found out, otherwise they > just behave.
Excellent. Thank you. :-) I think the traces will be no more than about 10-20mm in length at say 20mils. I'm certainly not going round the houses. :-)

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference