Query Regardin SPI Capture

Started by "The fountainhead" January 17, 2008
I want to monitor SPI Data Communication which is happening between a
master and a slave.
For this i have tapped  the SI and SO lines of the bus and connected
it to a microcontroller with 2 SPI Ports.
Each SPI port is monitoring one line of the SPI Communication .
I have connected the Si/So Lines to the SI's of the controller SPI
Ports
Will this approach work?
""The fountainhead"" <saudrehman@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I want to monitor SPI Data Communication which is happening between a > master and a slave. > For this i have tapped the SI and SO lines of the bus and connected > it to a microcontroller with 2 SPI Ports. > Each SPI port is monitoring one line of the SPI Communication . > I have connected the Si/So Lines to the SI's of the controller SPI > Ports > Will this approach work?
The two lines clock on different edges so it will be necessary to set up your SPI ports that way. You don't say what you do with the clocks but they'll need to be inputs to your ports. And the chip select for initial bit sync? Peter

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference