FPGA vs. ARM MCU for floating point operations

Started by Michael March 10, 2008
"Jim Granville" <no.spam@designtools.maps.co.nz> skrev i meddelandet
> Ulf Samuelsson wrote: > >>>Hi Ulf - unfortunately, none of the solutions you mentioned has CAN. >> >> >> "There is an ARM9 + 1 Gflops floating point DSP coming,..." >> >> This one has two CAN controllers... >> No open source compiler for the DSP though > > What package, and Memory ? > > -jg >
It is BGA, but the development board will be in the form of a CPU Module, (70 x 80 mm) with 16 MB NOR Flash 256 MB NAND Flash and 64 MB SDRAM and a PHY. There will be 3 x 120 pin FCI Bergstak connectors on the module. There is also a baseboard with normal connectors. This means that anyone can use the part, even if they do not like BGA. I have a module, but there are not a lot around at this time. Runs U-Boot & Linux. -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB