silRTOS Port on ARM9

Started by Unknown April 24, 2008
Sorry, apologize for keeping link here. Please don't use link http://silcomm.com/silRTOS_V2.2_MIPS32_Port.zip which were mentioned to download silRTOS. Please drop mail to silcomm.com for any download or infomation. Thanks David for valuable tips !!
In message <483e5ab1$0$23817$8404b019@news.wineasy.se>, David Brown
<david@westcontrol.removethisbit.com> writes
> >> 1. Is it safe for critical/safety operations? > >Ask the author. If he says yes, he's either telling the truth - or he >is a dangerous amateur in this field. More likely, he'll say he >doesn't know of any bugs or problems, but cannot give you any sort of >guarantee or certification - if you choose to use it in critical >systems, it's up to *you* to be sure it is safe (of course, that's true >of any system, even if it is certified).
The author will have the certification and all the supporting documentation.
>> 5. Can source code tell about quality?
From the supporting documentation and who did the certification -- \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/ \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Chris H wrote:
> In message <483e5ab1$0$23817$8404b019@news.wineasy.se>, David Brown > <david@westcontrol.removethisbit.com> writes >> >>> 1. Is it safe for critical/safety operations? >> >> Ask the author. If he says yes, he's either telling the truth - or he >> is a dangerous amateur in this field. More likely, he'll say he >> doesn't know of any bugs or problems, but cannot give you any sort of >> guarantee or certification - if you choose to use it in critical >> systems, it's up to *you* to be sure it is safe (of course, that's >> true of any system, even if it is certified). > > The author will have the certification and all the supporting > documentation. >
Certification and related documents certainly make it much easier to ensure that the RTOS is safe and works properly - but you still have to do appropriate checking and testing yourself. If you build an plane control system using third-party certified software, and the plane crashes, are you going to tell the inquiry that you didn't bother testing the software because it was certified safe? Clearly you have a lot more work to do if there are no certifications or other assurances, but you have the responsibility in any case.