CodeWarrior for HCS12X - ANSI-compliant??

Started by Florian E. Teply May 28, 2008
CBFalconer <cbfalconer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Florian E. Teply" wrote: > > > ... snip ... > > > > As another strange sidenote: uint8_t is used several times in the > > same file, and works as it should on every single occasion, as > > long as the line number doesn't exceed 500...
> Please explain how an 8-bit value can express a number outside the > range 0 .. 255.
Maybe i didn't make this clear: the uint8_t variable is indeed limitet to the range 0..255, but the 500 i was referring to, was actually the line number in the source code. Anyways, my guess that this could be related was proven wrong when i found that i missed a closing bracket... Greetings, Florian