a long shot but...

Started by Bill Chernoff August 20, 2008
Has anyone out there ever fixed a Mitutoyo Hardmatic HH140 hardness  tester?
The display shows "busy" forever.  Its supposed to show busy for a few
seconds, then "0.0"

I checked all the easy stuff- no broken wires, connectors, but without a
schematic, I'm stuffed.

Any suggestions from someone who's been there?

thanks

--
Bill Chernoff in Canada

"Bill Chernoff" <bill@star-techno.com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone out there ever fixed a Mitutoyo Hardmatic HH140 hardness > tester? > The display shows "busy" forever. Its supposed to show busy for a few > seconds, then "0.0"
I'm often intrigued by the subject lines people put in their postings. If you put "Mattoon Hardmatic HH140 hardness tester" in the subject then people scanning down the subjects that knew what one of these was would probably take the time to read your post. As it is most people will probably just skip by your post, whether they know what an HH140 is or not..... Lots of posts just say a variation of "help please" in the title. Well yes, thats what this group is for, if you way on what you want help then you may get replies. -- Regards, Richard. + http://www.FreeRTOS.org & http://www.FreeRTOS.org/shop 17 official architecture ports, more than 6000 downloads per month. + http://www.SafeRTOS.com Certified by T&#4294967295;V as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 04:56:44 GMT, "Bill Chernoff"
<bill@star-techno.com> wrote:

> >Has anyone out there ever fixed a Mitutoyo Hardmatic HH140 hardness tester? >The display shows "busy" forever. Its supposed to show busy for a few >seconds, then "0.0" > >I checked all the easy stuff- no broken wires, connectors, but without a >schematic, I'm stuffed. > >Any suggestions from someone who's been there? > >thanks
No idea. Maybe calibration memory data is hosed? Or maybe some sensor or connections to it are broken. Mitutoyo has an office in Mississauga. Best regards, Spehro Pefhany -- "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward" speff@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers: http://www.speff.com

Memfault Beyond the Launch