(US-NY) PowerPC NAS development kit for trade

Started by larwe September 30, 2008
Will trade for something interesting of similar value.

I've got an unwanted Freescale MPC8315E-RDB here on my desk. It has
been unpacked and repacked once, but is otherwise absolutely new -
nothing has even been changed on the hard disk. Specs for the kit are
<http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/fact_sheet/
MPC8315ERDBFS.pdf> and in more detail at <http://www.micetek.com/
englishweb/product/new/PQIIproDevelopmentProducts/MPC8315E-RDB.htm>.

It's a pretty high-end board - 2 SATA channels, dual gigabit Ethernet,
400MHz CPU, one PCI Express, one miniPCI Express, USB 2.0, etc.

What this sheet doesn't make clear is that the kit is in fact a
complete boxed "retail ready" NAS box with a 160GB SATA hard disk; a
black slimline micro-ATX case with an internal 12V inverter so you can
power the whole thing off a car battery (or the included 12V AC
adapter). If you tinker with the preloaded Linux distro you can use it
as-is. All the cables and dev software are included.

I thought I was going to use this $499 development kit, but
realistically I'll never have time.

I'd entertain any trades of fun lab hardware. I'm interested in any
low-end DSO with computer connectivity so I can capture low-speed
traces for publication purposes. Or a spectrum analyzer in the 500MHz
range. Or a handheld scopemeter.

I'd also trade for a Sinclair ZX80, in fact that would be my first
choice :)
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 17:02:49 -0700 (PDT), larwe wrote:
> Will trade for something interesting of similar value. > > I've got an unwanted Freescale MPC8315E-RDB here on my desk. It has > been unpacked and repacked once, but is otherwise absolutely new - > nothing has even been changed on the hard disk. Specs for the kit are ><http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/fact_sheet/ > MPC8315ERDBFS.pdf> and in more detail at <http://www.micetek.com/ > englishweb/product/new/PQIIproDevelopmentProducts/MPC8315E-RDB.htm>. > > It's a pretty high-end board - 2 SATA channels, dual gigabit Ethernet, > 400MHz CPU, one PCI Express, one miniPCI Express, USB 2.0, etc. >
> I'd also trade for a Sinclair ZX80, in fact that would be my first > choice :)
I'm tempted, I have a couple but I'm guessing you're looking for the unassembled kit and I'm not sure if I'm willing to part with that. BTW, it's a TS1000 not the Sinclair, if that makes a difference. Also I'm in NJ. -- Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry ncherry@linuxha.com http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog Author of: Linux Smart Homes For Dummies ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **
On Oct 1, 10:32=A0am, Neil Cherry <n...@cookie.uucp> wrote:

> > I'd also trade for a Sinclair ZX80, in fact that would be my first > > I'm tempted, I have a couple but I'm guessing you're looking for the > unassembled kit and I'm not sure if I'm willing to part with that. > > BTW, it's a TS1000 not the Sinclair, if that makes a difference. Also
Kit vs. assembled doesn't matter, but the TS1000 is a US-market ZX81, not a ZX80. I have many many TS1000s and ZX81s, but my collection lacks the original ZX80.
On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 10:02:38 -0700 (PDT), larwe wrote:
> On Oct 1, 10:32&nbsp;am, Neil Cherry <n...@cookie.uucp> wrote: > >> > I'd also trade for a Sinclair ZX80, in fact that would be my first >> >> I'm tempted, I have a couple but I'm guessing you're looking for the >> unassembled kit and I'm not sure if I'm willing to part with that. >> >> BTW, it's a TS1000 not the Sinclair, if that makes a difference. Also > > Kit vs. assembled doesn't matter, but the TS1000 is a US-market ZX81, > not a ZX80. I have many many TS1000s and ZX81s, but my collection > lacks the original ZX80.
Well that makes the decision a whole lot easier. ;-) -- Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry ncherry@linuxha.com http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog Author of: Linux Smart Homes For Dummies ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

Memfault Beyond the Launch