KEIL uVision with gcc: gcc or as doesn't start

Started by ottorichter100 September 7, 2006
Hi out there,

I had to change from KEIL C to GNU/gcc und uVision3. But when I press
the compile-button I get : --- Error: can't execute 'gcc' or ---
Error: can't execute 'as'.

uVision3 seems not to find the programs. What's wrong ?

Thank you for help,

Otto

An Engineer's Guide to the LPC2100 Series

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

ottorichter100 wrote:
> Hi out there,
>
> I had to change from KEIL C to GNU/gcc und uVision3. But when I press
> the compile-button I get : --- Error: can't execute 'gcc' or ---
> Error: can't execute 'as'.
>
> uVision3 seems not to find the programs. What's wrong ?

I'm no Keil wizard, but I think it should be looking for something
like arm-elf-gcc and arm-elf-as instead of just gcc and as.

Can you configure this somewhere?

Bertrik
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFFAE/9ETD6mlrWxPURAhYdAKCVz1XDGqxVE0iHEOE3+Q0Mur9F7ACgmtHe
/g2o+p5gAGrwJCXeY7Ga1Kw=yvEp
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
> > uVision3 seems not to find the programs. What's wrong ?
>

Down load gccarm package from keil web site. It works.
Warning... Keil gccarm is 3.3 version only.
Has any one tested gcc 4.0 with uVision?

Best Regards,

Mukund Deshmukh.
Beta Computronics Pvt Ltd
10/1, IT Park, Parsodi,
Nagpur-440022
Cell - 9422113746
--- In l..., Mukund Deshmukh wrote:
> Down load gccarm package from keil web site. It works.
> Warning... Keil gccarm is 3.3 version only.
> Has any one tested gcc 4.0 with uVision?

You can easily upgrade GNUARM to the latest version. I have been
running version 4.1.1 for some time now. Here's how:

1. obtain the latest executable version of GNUARM from
http://www.gnuarm.com/

2. load it into the directory of your choice (default is GNUARM)

3. on the Keil Components, Environments and Books setup box select
the Folders/Extensions tab and set GNU-Tools-Prefix to arm-elf- and
Cygnus Folder to C:\Program Files\\

4. in Options selection select the Assembler tab and add -mno-fpu to
Misc Controls to get the canned Startup.s to assemble properly

5. if the compiler happily says it is working - even if you make a
deliberate mistake - you may be missing the Cygwin DLLs for which
error Keil silently fails without giving you a clue:

>> if you have Cygwin running on your machine, the versions of
cyg* in the bin directory of your GNUARM load must match the
ones in your Cygwin /bin directory

>> if you aren't running Cygwin, make sure the GNUARM load
has them in its /bin directory
Rebekah
Thanks Rebekah,
I will give it try.
Yes, I think problem is of cygwin only.

Best Regards,

Mukund Deshmukh.
Beta Computronics Pvt Ltd
10/1, IT Park, Parsodi,
Nagpur-440022
Cell - 9422113746

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rebekah Moser"
To:
Sent: Saturday, September 09, 2006 2:13 AM
Subject: [lpc2000] Re: KEIL uVision with gcc: gcc or as doesn't start
> --- In l..., Mukund Deshmukh wrote:
> > Down load gccarm package from keil web site. It works.
> > Warning... Keil gccarm is 3.3 version only.
> > Has any one tested gcc 4.0 with uVision?
>
> You can easily upgrade GNUARM to the latest version. I have been
> running version 4.1.1 for some time now. Here's how:
>
> 1. obtain the latest executable version of GNUARM from
> http://www.gnuarm.com/
>
> 2. load it into the directory of your choice (default is GNUARM)
>
> 3. on the Keil Components, Environments and Books setup box select
> the Folders/Extensions tab and set GNU-Tools-Prefix to arm-elf- and
> Cygnus Folder to C:\Program Files\\
>
> 4. in Options selection select the Assembler tab and add -mno-fpu to
> Misc Controls to get the canned Startup.s to assemble properly
>
> 5. if the compiler happily says it is working - even if you make a
> deliberate mistake - you may be missing the Cygwin DLLs for which
> error Keil silently fails without giving you a clue:
>
> >> if you have Cygwin running on your machine, the versions of
> cyg* in the bin directory of your GNUARM load must match the
> ones in your Cygwin /bin directory
>
> >> if you aren't running Cygwin, make sure the GNUARM load
> has them in its /bin directory
> Rebekah
>
>