new members coming in AT91 family

Started by Fred* May 21, 2004
"raivo leini" <raivo.leini@neti.ee> wrote in message news:<40b09271$1_2@news.estpak.ee>...
> "Jim Granville" <no.spam@designtools.co.nz> wrote in message > news:3Gwrc.3415$FN.361804@news02.tsnz.net... > > Fred* wrote: > > > hello, just found this info about new family members in the Atmel ARM7 > > > microcontrollers.. > > > the AT91SAM7S look really great : > > > http://www.at91.com/www/products/flyer/smart_flyer.pdf > > > > Yes, interesting family. Atmel are rather late to the party in > > single-chip ARM uC, but their AT91SAM7S32 is the smallest ARM I have > > seen - Philips already do 128KF/16KR-64KR, ARM-TQFP48 devices, > > but at 32KF/8KR, the Atmel price should push into 8 bit territory. > > -jg > > > > ARM becomes popular, also > Analog Devices has announced about ARM7 family ADuC702x. > http://www.analog.com/UploadedFiles/Data_Sheets/563538451ADuC7020_1_2_prc.pdf > > Soon it might be really hard to select the right ARM controller for your > project. > > r.
Hi All, Just FYI, ATMEL has updated the Flyer The new members of the AT91SAM7Sxx will have a 256KF/64KR, a 128KF/32KR + EMAC. An ATMEL's guy, told me that they will add also a 256KF/64KR version with external bus interface like the AT91R40008. I heard that the AT91SAM7S64 will be priced 3.5 USD, so I let you imagine the price of the SAM7S32... I also heard that ATMEL plans to provide low cost tools, like 50 USD for the ICE interface (not the wiggler of course !!) and with good price for compiler. AT91SAM7S64 board @ less than 100 USD. a lot of fun !! What will be the perfect development package for such a micros according to you ? Hope that ATMEL will follow this discussion !!
Satisfaction wrote:
> Hi All, > > Just FYI, ATMEL has updated the Flyer > > The new members of the AT91SAM7Sxx will have a 256KF/64KR, > a 128KF/32KR + EMAC. An ATMEL's guy, told me that they will add also a > 256KF/64KR version with external bus interface like the AT91R40008.
64KR is nice, looks like they looked at a Philips data sheet... ...and the leadtimes have slipped, and the MHz has nudged up... If they are still fiddling columns in a flyer, sounds like usable silicon is some ways off.... Q: will it stay at 55MHz or is that the same marketing MHz of late-AVRs ?
> > I heard that the AT91SAM7S64 will be priced 3.5 USD, so I let you > imagine the price of the SAM7S32...
Good price. SAM7S32 ? Less pins, and less Flash/Ram, -- suggests sub $3 ? Nice to see Atmel finally join the monolithic FLASH ARM community - what took them so long ? :) -jg
In article <oFwtc.4322$FN.454210@news02.tsnz.net>,
no.spam@designtools.co.nz says...
> Satisfaction wrote: > > Hi All, > > > > Just FYI, ATMEL has updated the Flyer > > > > The new members of the AT91SAM7Sxx will have a 256KF/64KR, > > a 128KF/32KR + EMAC. An ATMEL's guy, told me that they will add also a > > 256KF/64KR version with external bus interface like the AT91R40008. > > 64KR is nice, looks like they looked at a Philips data sheet... > > ...and the leadtimes have slipped, and the MHz has nudged up... > If they are still fiddling columns in a flyer, sounds like > usable silicon is some ways off.... > > Q: will it stay at 55MHz or is that the same marketing MHz > of late-AVRs ? > > > > > I heard that the AT91SAM7S64 will be priced 3.5 USD, so I let you > > imagine the price of the SAM7S32... > > Good price. SAM7S32 ? Less pins, and less Flash/Ram, -- suggests sub $3 ? > > Nice to see Atmel finally join the monolithic FLASH ARM > community - what took them so long ? :)
Perhaps a reluctance to cannibalize their own AtMega sales?? One of the cited feature I like a lot about the new Atmel ARMs is the inclusion of the DMA-type peripheral data controllers. I see that the LPC210X controllers have '654 type UARTS with FIFOS, but the PDCs are even more flexible IMHO. The LP2106 dev kit is on the shelf in front of me awaiting a quiet week this summer (OTOH, 'quiet week' means no income for the self-employed). With a little luck, there'll be a quiet week this fall for the next ATMEL ARM kit. An embarassment of riches, perhaps, but I see 2-year-old applications shrinking 50% in size, cost, and power. Now if only I can find the right customer! Mark Borgerson
yes, those SAM7S members seems really interesting.. :-)

"Satisfaction" <satisfaction83@free.fr> a &#4294967295;crit dans le message de
> "raivo leini" <raivo.leini@neti.ee> wrote in message
> > "Jim Granville" <no.spam@designtools.co.nz> wrote in message > > news:3Gwrc.3415$FN.361804@news02.tsnz.net... > > > Fred* wrote: > > > > hello, just found this info about new family members in the Atmel
ARM7
http://www.analog.com/UploadedFiles/Data_Sheets/563538451ADuC7020_1_2_prc.pdf
In addition to Philips and Atmel, a newcomer to the ARM7 general
purpose microcontroller is ST.
(Don't know if it has been mentioned yet in this thread.)

rickman <spamgoeshere4@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<40B25C3B.A509F2ED@yahoo.com>...
> Tsvetan Usunov wrote: > > > > "Fred*" <tmp@mail.com> wrote in message news:<c8s554$fe8$1@news-reader1.wanadoo.fr>... > > > > Before you go with your local Philips distributor you think again... > > I'll say that Philips just have very twisted marketing team somewhere > > in the netherlands. In the age of Internet these guys are trying to > > keep different price levels at different regions which are sometimes > > with x2 and more price difference. > ...snip... > > It's shame that Philips doens't provide adeqate support and Philips > > marketing practices are abusing their customers, as LPC2xxx are really > > easy to use and nice parts. > > Philips is not the only maker of such devices. You can get OKI ARM CPUs > for under $10 in 10's or 100's. I believe the Analog Devices parts are > priced right as well. > > -- > > Rick "rickman" Collins > > rick.collins@XYarius.com > Ignore the reply address. To email me use the above address with the XY > removed. > > Arius - A Signal Processing Solutions Company > Specializing in DSP and FPGA design URL http://www.arius.com > 4 King Ave 301-682-7772 Voice > Frederick, MD 21701-3110 301-682-7666 FAX
> Nice to see Atmel finally join the monolithic FLASH ARM > community - what took them so long ? :) >
Atmel has had ARM+Flash for a long, long time. Just not available to You guys... The Sony Playstation-1 remote control contained an Atmel ARM7+Flash+EEPROM. Anyone out there still remembering the PS-1? -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com This is a personal view which may or may not be share by my Employer Atmel Nordic AB
Has anyone gotten any pricing or details yet?  I can only find two
documents, a flyer and a summary sheet.  I can't get pricing anywhere
and I have no idea where anyone would find info on the development
tools.

rickman wrote:
> Has anyone gotten any pricing or details yet? I can only find two > documents, a flyer and a summary sheet. I can't get pricing anywhere > and I have no idea where anyone would find info on the development > tools.
an earlier poster mentioned $3.50 for 64K, 'unspecified volumes' Given the recent changes to the specs columns and the Q4 tags, I'd call this device family a candidate for 2005 design-in. -jg
That's should the price. On the AT91 Forum (www.at91.com) it is said that the AT91SAM7S Summary datasheet will be released middle of June If I well remember. For peoples interested, the best is to register to the AT91 Forum and its news letter and wait for the News to come into your mail box ;-)). prices are not yet available from distirbutors, I had this price during an embedded Show. For the tools that's the same, no real news, but that will be soon I guess !!! Bye
Jim Granville <no.spam@designtools.co.nz> wrote in message news:<C49uc.4549$FN.493854@news02.tsnz.net>...
> rickman wrote: > > Has anyone gotten any pricing or details yet? I can only find two > > documents, a flyer and a summary sheet. I can't get pricing anywhere > > and I have no idea where anyone would find info on the development > > tools. > > an earlier poster mentioned $3.50 for 64K, 'unspecified volumes' > Given the recent changes to the specs columns and the Q4 tags, I'd > call this device family a candidate for 2005 design-in. > > -jg
Jim, to answer one of your previous question, Q: will it stay at 55MHz or is that the same marketing MHz of late-AVRs ? A: none. The Frequency given is @ 85&#4294967295;C, this means that at lower temp you can run faster. For example, with the AT91R40008 @ the worst case T&#4294967295;, it is 66MHz, but at @ 25&#4294967295;C you can boost this part @ 82MHz, with 256K of 32-bit 0 WS internal SRAM, this chip is flying !!! Regards,

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference