SIM card interfacing to read phonebook

Started by Rajeev April 3, 2004
Pete Fenelon <pete@fenelon.com> says...
> >Guy Macon <http://www.guymacon.com> wrote: > >> The functions of the cellphone and the PDA are merging. > >Yes, into devices that are too big to be comfortable phones and too >small to be comfortable PDAs.
Exactly!
Pete Fenelon <pete@fenelon.com> wrote:
> Guy Macon <http://www.guymacon.com> wrote: > > The functions of the cellphone and the PDA are merging. > >
> Yes, into devices that are too big to be comfortable phones and too > small to be comfortable PDAs.
That's only true as long as you actually plan to hold that "smart phone" to your ear to make a phone call --- but that's just *soo* 20th-century ;-) Since these thingies typically also have Bluetooth these days, the canonical solution to that is a Bluetooth in-ear headset with voice-dialling. I.e. you put that headset on, tap on its button and say "call mr. smith". The smart phone, bulky as it may be, remains right where it belongs --- in your briefcase or coat pocket. -- Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de) Even if all the snow were burnt, ashes would remain.