Cheapest 8-bit micro in SOIC case

Started by Dejan April 18, 2005
It should have internal oscillator, 8-bit timer and external interrupt
possibility and at least 1kb of code memory. 32 bytes of RAM are enough.
ROM parts are not an option (FLASH, OTP, EEROM are OK).
Quantity is 50k+

Any ideas?

- Dejan

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:44:10 +0200, "Dejan" <noname@nowhere.com> wrote:

>It should have internal oscillator, 8-bit timer and external interrupt >possibility and at least 1kb of code memory. 32 bytes of RAM are enough. >ROM parts are not an option (FLASH, OTP, EEROM are OK). >Quantity is 50k+ > >Any ideas? > >- Dejan >
attiny11 probably cheapest - not sure if it has int osc. Also look at PIC10F series.
Dejan wrote:

> It should have internal oscillator, 8-bit timer and external interrupt > possibility and at least 1kb of code memory. 32 bytes of RAM are enough. > ROM parts are not an option (FLASH, OTP, EEROM are OK). > Quantity is 50k+ > > Any ideas? > > - Dejan
There must be something in the Philips LPC900 series that meets the bill. Ian

The minimum number of I/O required is an important and unstated parameter. Best regards, Spehro Pefhany -- "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward" speff@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers: http://www.speff.com
"Spehro Pefhany" <speffSNIP@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote in message
> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:44:10 +0200, the renowned "Dejan" > <noname@nowhere.com> wrote: > > >It should have internal oscillator, 8-bit timer and external interrupt > >possibility and at least 1kb of code memory. 32 bytes of RAM are enough. > >ROM parts are not an option (FLASH, OTP, EEROM are OK). > >Quantity is 50k+ > > > >Any ideas? > > > >- Dejan > > The minimum number of I/O required is an important and unstated > parameter. > > > Best regards, > Spehro Pefhany > -- > "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward" > speff@interlog.com Info for manufacturers:
http://www.trexon.com
> Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:
http://www.speff.com I forgot that - 6 I/O pins (SOIC8 case). - Dejan
With all the micros available today. ( mot, micrchip, TI, atmel )

Why are you asking for someone else to do you the job your paid for ??

Each micro has its best points and its not so best points.

Either give more information or do your own homework.

Dejan wrote:
> It should have internal oscillator, 8-bit timer and external interrupt > possibility and at least 1kb of code memory. 32 bytes of RAM are enough. > ROM parts are not an option (FLASH, OTP, EEROM are OK). > Quantity is 50k+ > > Any ideas? > > - Dejan > >
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:32:55 -0600, hamilton
<hamilton@deminsional.com> wrote:

>Why are you asking for someone else to do you the job your paid for ??
What's the point of a news group if it isn't to exchange information? Dan
Dejan wrote:
> It should have internal oscillator, 8-bit timer and external interrupt > possibility and at least 1kb of code memory. 32 bytes of RAM are enough. > ROM parts are not an option (FLASH, OTP, EEROM are OK). > Quantity is 50k+ > > Any ideas?
The usual suspects, include : Atmel (esp Tiny11), Fairchild ACE family, Gencore { OTP So8, but probably over-resourced) Microchip (down to SOT23-6), Motorola, Philips (SO8 & also smaller MLF10), STm ( IIRC ) Zilog Price depends on what part of the profit/loss cycle the suppliers are on.... -jg
Dejan schrieb:

> It should have internal oscillator, 8-bit timer and external interrupt > possibility and at least 1kb of code memory. 32 bytes of RAM are enough. > ROM parts are not an option (FLASH, OTP, EEROM are OK). > Quantity is 50k+ >
Michrochip: 12F509 -> SSOP 8-118 (0,95 x 3,00 x 4,90 mm, Pitch 0,65 mm) 6 I/O, 1k word code FLASH, 41 RAM, 0 EEPROM cells
Michael Lange schrieb:

> Dejan schrieb: > >> It should have internal oscillator, 8-bit timer and external interrupt >> possibility and at least 1kb of code memory. 32 bytes of RAM are enough. >> ROM parts are not an option (FLASH, OTP, EEROM are OK). >> Quantity is 50k+ >> > > Michrochip: > 12F509 -> SSOP 8-118 (0,95 x 3,00 x 4,90 mm, Pitch 0,65 mm) > > 6 I/O, 1k word code FLASH, 41 RAM, 0 EEPROM cells >
PS: int. osc 4MHz - 1Mips

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference