Small ARM board running capable of running Linux

Started by Don Gravos September 13, 2005
I am looking for small embedded ARM board with ethernet+USB+multiple
RS232+general purpose parallel I/O lines+multiple channel ADC+realtime clock
and capable of running Linux. (Am I sking too much?)
Do you know ARM board with these specs?

The new AT91SAM7X comes close, but no Linux. Other OS's however. See www.freertos.org/portsam7xiar.html Regards, Richard. http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Sorry, wrong link. This link shows the Ethernet and the USB on the SAM7X: http://www.freertos.org/portsam7xlwIP.html Regards, Richard. http://www.FreeRTOS.org
"Don Gravos" <aaaa> wrote:

>I am looking for small embedded ARM board with ethernet+USB+multiple >RS232+general purpose parallel I/O lines+multiple channel ADC+realtime clock >and capable of running Linux. (Am I sking too much?) >Do you know ARM board with these specs?
A Gumstix, plus an EtherStix and a Robostix or Audiostix expansion boards would give you everything but the realtime clock. The serial ports are TTL level though, not RS232. The Robostix board has on on-board AVR which provides multiple GPIO and ADC, the Audiostix provides fewer A/D and GPIO but saves you having to write for two platforms (and you get audio - hence the name). It is small (very small) and runs Linux out of the box. http://www.gumstix.com/ Tim -- You are being watched. This gives you power.
Don Gravos wrote:
> I am looking for small embedded ARM board with ethernet+USB+multiple > RS232+general purpose parallel I/O lines+multiple channel ADC+realtime clock > and capable of running Linux. (Am I sking too much?) > Do you know ARM board with these specs? > >
embededarm.com - pretty much everything you need. You will need a daughterboard or two.
In article <4326f0ab$0$22099$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>, Don Gravos
<aaaa@?.?> writes
>I am looking for small embedded ARM board with ethernet+USB+multiple >RS232+general purpose parallel I/O lines+multiple channel ADC+realtime clock >and capable of running Linux. (Am I sking too much?) >Do you know ARM board with these specs?
Why running Linux? Takes up a lot of room and adds a layer of complexity. Just program the board most embedded systems don't have an RTOS anyway. -- \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/ /\/\/ chris@phaedsys.org www.phaedsys.org \/\/\ \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

How about the VCMA9? http://www.mpl.ch/t2730.html I've used them, although with Nucleus rather than Linux, and they seem quite good. -- Dave mail da ve@llondel.org (without the space) http://www.llondel.org/ So many gadgets, so little time...
Tim Auton wrote:

> A Gumstix, plus an EtherStix and a Robostix or Audiostix expansion > boards would give you everything but the realtime clock. The serial > ports are TTL level though, not RS232. The Robostix board has on > on-board AVR which provides multiple GPIO and ADC, the Audiostix > provides fewer A/D and GPIO but saves you having to write for two > platforms (and you get audio - hence the name).
I like the Gumstix, but they only have USB client. I just ordered a Linkxys NSLU2. While this would still need something else for ADC and GPIO, it has Ethernet and 2 USB ports. It also has 1.5 serial ports (one of them is read only. And yes, Linux runs on it. http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/ -- http://enerd.ws/robots/ D. Jay Newman
http://embeddedarm.com correct link Any idea what the IO levels are ? Found it in the manual http://embeddedarm.com/Manuals/TS-7200_Rev1.3.htm#DIOHeader 3.3V source 4mA sink 8mA not 5v tolerant. Alex
You mean uclinux or linux ? How much do you want to spend ? Usb host or just usb for programming / or usb to serial ? www.gumstix.com as others have said. Otherwise uclinux especially with arm7 Maybe one of the many lpc2xxx based boards www.olimex.com/dev makes a few but not with all the features you want buy from sparkfun.com as can order online without faxing credit card details http://www.olimex.com/dev/lpc-e2294.html http://www.olimex.com/dev/cs-e9301.html this one may meet your requirements when its available http://www.thearmpatch.com/lpc-sbc2.html Blackfin stamp US$169 500MHz BF533, 128MB sdram , 4MB flash , 10/100 ethernet but no usb http://www.analog.com/en/epHSProd/0,,BF533-STAMP,00.html buy from digikey http://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?id=buy_stuff http://www.blackfin.uclinux.org/ http://blackfin.org/ http://www.revely.com/RMS100/AboutRMS100.htm no ethernet (could use an edtp.com packet whacker) download gcc port and app notes etc from sharp need a free login for the gcc port http://www.sharpsma.com/part.php?PartID=167 Alex