Monitoring RS485

Started by Daniele November 29, 2005
"Daniele" <daniele.gadaleta@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1134554758.157523.86980@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> What software? can you give me some one?
Sigh, I qoute from my reply: "Use for instance TeraTerm (free), which works like a charm" So, go to www.google.com, enter TeraTerm and download it from the first link...... Meindert
Yes, excuse me. I read all your reply.
But now i have another doubt. Is my configuration true?

DEVICE 1                      DEVICE 2
RS 485                        RS 485
------------                  -----------
| + - A B  |                  | + - A B |
------------                  -----------
  | | | |                       | | | |
  | | | +-----------------------------|
  | | +-|---------------------------|
  | +-|-|-------------------------|
  +-|-|-|-----------------------|
  | | | |
  | | | |
------------
| + - A B  |
------------
RS 232-485 Converter

> Yes, excuse me. I read all your reply. > But now i have another doubt. Is my configuration true?
Yes. Just make sure you apply the right level to the RTS line on your converter since this is mostly used to switch between transmitting and receiving. And you want to be receiving only. Meindert
On 2005-12-14, Daniele <daniele.gadaleta@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, after some day of work i have this trouble: > - I don't know what is the speed of the device > - I don't know how many bit it ues > - I don't know if parity bit is present
A few minutes with a 'scope will answer most/all of those questions.
> Then when I connect the PC with the two device, the display of second > device (the keyboard, with lcd display) send a connection error (open > the connection via Hyperterminal). > What my problem?
You're using the wrong tools. First step is an oscilloscope. Your second problem, you're using Hyperterminal.
> How i can decide what is the configuration parameters for > Hyperterminal (speed, data bit number, parity, stop bit > number, ecc...)?
Oscilloscope. Prefereably a digital storage scope one with two channels that can be set up differentially.
> It's linked with integrate type? I can read the IC's part > number than I can search for spech?
-- Grant Edwards grante Yow! .. Now KEN and BARBIE at are PERMANENTLY ADDICTED to visi.com MIND-ALTERING DRUGS...