Flow-charting software?

Started by Scott Kelley December 2, 2005
Freeware: look for DIA, available on all platforms, or my favourite Diagram Designer http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/ I used the latter one to experiment with codegeneration (for JAL, Delphi, PICbsc) from finite state machines. So maybe one day that'll added to Diagram Designer. Stef Mientki
"Scott Kelley" <scottk@iccom.com> wrote in message
> Opinions about flow charting software??? > > I have tried flow chart software in the past, but it wasn't very easy to > use. Anything out there now that is as easy as paper & pencil?
Edge Diagrammer is alot more user friendly than Visio for flowcharting.
"Scott Kelley" <scottk@iccom.com> schrieb:

>Opinions about flow charting software???
graphviz dot, can be used by doxygen. Oliver -- Oliver Betz, Muenchen (oliverbetz.de)
Scott Kelley wrote:

> Opinions about flow charting software???
Didn't flowcharts go out in the 80's??? That was the last time I used one - for a uni assignment... Regards, Mark

If you want something like Visio, rather use SmartDraw. http://www.smartdraw.com It can do everything that visio can do (Even load/save visio format), and is a hell of a lot cheaper than Visio. The full version with all libraries goes for US$99. Regards Anton Erasmus

Anton Erasmus wrote:

>If you want something like Visio, rather use SmartDraw. >http://www.smartdraw.com >It can do everything that visio can do (Even load/save visio format), >and is a hell of a lot cheaper than Visio. The full version with all >libraries goes for US$99.
Can it be set up to snap symbols and lines to a grid? -- Guy Macon <http://www.guymacon.com/>
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 18:46:02 +0000, Guy Macon
<http://www.guymacon.com/> wrote:

> [...]
Yes, And the grid is not slightly different every time one reloads the document after the app had been exited and restarted -- the way it happens in Visio. You can download a fully functional demo to evaluate before you buy. Regards Anton Erasmus

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference