Help.....DSP on ARM9 or ARM7!!!!

Started by jagdish.dsp January 30, 2006
In article <43DFD395.AE7D79C0@yahoo.com>, cbfalconer@yahoo.com says...
> Please include adequate context in your posts. This can be done > even from the broken google usenet interface. > > If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use the > broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show > options" at the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at > the bottom of the article headers. > > More details at: <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/> > Also see <http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/>
Gee CB, pretty contentless post there. If you're going to nag, at least make it on topic. Most of us use threaded newsreaders, and have no problem following the discussion. --Gene
"jagdish.dsp" <jagdish.dsp@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Dear Friends, > > In my design I need to develope a DSP algorithm on one DSP processor and > then to interface same with ARM which is handling all the peripherals. > > I am thinking if my DSP algorithm can be implemented on ARM or not...so > need you help. Right now I am using evaluation board of Texas DSK, so > taking the input from microphone is given to CODEC(A to D conversion) > whose sampling freq is 32KHz. > > I have to implement 8192 point FFT on real time sound data.... > And also want to implement Low pass FIR filter on Real time sound data > before doing FFT. So can this be implemented on ARM 9 platform?????? > while pareallaly I want to interface one modem, IR receiver,key board, and > external memory with ARM. If possible please let me know which will be the > best ARM9 based chip to implement the same. > > So is it possible to implement all this on ARM7 or ARM9 platform so with > one processor only I will have my solution. > What chip should I use for A/D conversion with good sampling of sound. > > Please help me....... > Thanks and Regards, > > Jagdish. > >
AT572D740 will give you ARM7 + 1 GFlops Floating Point DSP in the same chip. -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may bot be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> "jagdish.dsp" <jagdish.dsp@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet > news:uuSdnROkSq5X0UPeRVn-uQ@giganews.com... > > Dear Friends, > > > > In my design I need to develope a DSP algorithm on one DSP processor and > > then to interface same with ARM which is handling all the peripherals. > > > > I am thinking if my DSP algorithm can be implemented on ARM or not...so > > need you help. Right now I am using evaluation board of Texas DSK, so > > taking the input from microphone is given to CODEC(A to D conversion) > > whose sampling freq is 32KHz. > > > > I have to implement 8192 point FFT on real time sound data.... > > And also want to implement Low pass FIR filter on Real time sound data > > before doing FFT. So can this be implemented on ARM 9 platform?????? > > while pareallaly I want to interface one modem, IR receiver,key board, and > > external memory with ARM. If possible please let me know which will be the > > best ARM9 based chip to implement the same. > > > > So is it possible to implement all this on ARM7 or ARM9 platform so with > > one processor only I will have my solution. > > What chip should I use for A/D conversion with good sampling of sound. > > > > Please help me....... > > Thanks and Regards, > > > > Jagdish. > > > > > > > AT572D740 will give you ARM7 + 1 GFlops Floating Point DSP in the same chip.
By the way, Ulf, what are the development tools for such devices? How to acquire them in the USA or, still better, in South America? Regards, JaaC
gcc and eCos. Talk to your normal Atmel distributor. They should be able to get hold of them. -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may bot be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
> JaaC >

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference