68HC908 programming 32.768 kHz crystal

Started by galto November 9, 2004
I am trying to learn the HC908.
From what I understand, I require just a MAX232, resistors, jumpers,
and a 32.768 kHz crystal, power and serial data than I should be ready
to go� maybe.
Is it possible to program the chip without a higher (8 MHz?)
oscillator?
IE using the PLL w/o software control.
Anyone have any basic circuits that they could recommend to help me
get started?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

galto wrote:
> I am trying to learn the HC908. > From what I understand, I require just a MAX232, resistors, jumpers, > and a 32.768 kHz crystal, power and serial data than I should be ready > to go� maybe. > Is it possible to program the chip without a higher (8 MHz?) > oscillator? > IE using the PLL w/o software control. > Anyone have any basic circuits that they could recommend to help me > get started? > Any help is greatly appreciated.
You've got the general idea, but the details are different for the various members of the HC908 family. Goto www.freescale.com and in about 3 clicks you can be at the selection page for the 908 family. Pick the one you are using and download the User's Manual. All will be revealed.
There is a good programmer schematic in the manual. You can also use a
simple 74hcu04 crystal osc. running at 4.9152mc which works better. To
communicate and upload your program visit the P&E website for a free
assembler/programmer, http://www.pemicro.com

SFC

"galto" <digital_gecko@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
>I am trying to learn the HC908. > From what I understand, I require just a MAX232, resistors, jumpers, > and a 32.768 kHz crystal, power and serial data than I should be ready > to go. maybe. > Is it possible to program the chip without a higher (8 MHz?) > oscillator? > IE using the PLL w/o software control. > Anyone have any basic circuits that they could recommend to help me > get started? > Any help is greatly appreciated.

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference