FPGA board for USB experiments?

Started by Dave Farrance June 3, 2006
Hi Dave,

Maybe you can look at FTDICHIP website they have boards with USB connections
to FPGA's
http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/EvaluationKits/FPGA.htm

Kind Regards,
http://www.vhdl.eu

"Dave Farrance" <DaveFarrance@OMiTTHiSyahooANDTHiS.co.uk> wrote in message
> "John Adair" wrote: > >>Have a look at this module >>http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/moelbryn/modules/usb_ps2.html in conjunction >>with our Raggedstone1 product. Basically the module is a voltage >>limiter(bus >>switch) on the USB lines leaving the logic to be implemented in the FPGA. > > Thanks to everybody that helped me in this thread. I've decided to buy > the above product. > > -- > Dave Farrance
Came across some USB FPGA information at the following sites.

http://www.atrandomresearch.com/usbp
http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~walpole/525/FRIESS%20and%20MCNEIL/index.html
http://norum.homeunix.net/~carl/usbp/

The Cypress FX2 chips seems to be a popular USB controller used.  Also
seen the FTDI in action, easier to use but not as much flexibility.
Digilent and Opal Kelly boards have USB interfaces.  But you can't mess
around with the code.

Also the GnuRadio folks did a good job with a set of open source code
and developed a USB/FPGA board to support the software radio.  It also
uses the FX2 but has an Altera device.

Vhdl.eu wrote:
> Hi Dave, > > Maybe you can look at FTDICHIP website they have boards with USB connections > to FPGA's > http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/EvaluationKits/FPGA.htm > > > Kind Regards, > http://www.vhdl.eu > > > > "Dave Farrance" <DaveFarrance@OMiTTHiSyahooANDTHiS.co.uk> wrote in message > news:c8ci82t7ns08cbn70qq5ipe5mtg8i4vua6@4ax.com... > > "John Adair" wrote: > > > >>Have a look at this module > >>http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/moelbryn/modules/usb_ps2.html in conjunction > >>with our Raggedstone1 product. Basically the module is a voltage > >>limiter(bus > >>switch) on the USB lines leaving the logic to be implemented in the FPGA. > > > > Thanks to everybody that helped me in this thread. I've decided to buy > > the above product. > > > > -- > > Dave Farrance

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference