USB chip

Started by Niek October 29, 2004
Hello,

Who can help me with some information about the existing USB chips... There
are a lot of suppliers and kind of USB chips for HID, Audio, Video. The
project I am on now is creating a serial data logger. I use a spy
microcontroller board witch catches the RS232 data between 2 devices. The
board then has to send the data it receives through USB to the computer
(delphi software). I want to use my own protocol en just need a USB chip
that sends what I want to send. Could someone please give me some more
information about this?

Thanks!

Niek

"Niek" <niek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello, > > Who can help me with some information about the existing USB chips... > There > are a lot of suppliers and kind of USB chips for HID, Audio, Video. The > project I am on now is creating a serial data logger. I use a spy > microcontroller board witch catches the RS232 data between 2 devices. The > board then has to send the data it receives through USB to the computer > (delphi software). I want to use my own protocol en just need a USB chip > that sends what I want to send. Could someone please give me some more > information about this? > > Thanks! > > Niek
www.ftdichip.com is all you need. Rob
Yes thanks! This is really what I need!!! Never new it was made so
simple....

"Rob Turk" <wipe_me_r.turk@chello.nl> wrote in message
> "Niek" <niek@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:180f7$41820d8e$513a1b62$16247@news1.zonnet.nl... > > Hello, > > > > Who can help me with some information about the existing USB chips... > > There > > are a lot of suppliers and kind of USB chips for HID, Audio, Video. The > > project I am on now is creating a serial data logger. I use a spy > > microcontroller board witch catches the RS232 data between 2 devices.
The
"Niek" <niek@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hello, > > Who can help me with some information about the existing USB chips...
There
> are a lot of suppliers and kind of USB chips for HID, Audio, Video. The > project I am on now is creating a serial data logger. I use a spy > microcontroller board witch catches the RS232 data between 2 devices. The > board then has to send the data it receives through USB to the computer > (delphi software). I want to use my own protocol en just need a USB chip > that sends what I want to send. Could someone please give me some more > information about this? > > Thanks! > > Niek >
You might want to check out the AT91SAM7S64 which has 2 x UARTs - need to listen to 2 channels USB Timers which can be used to measure baud rate. A CPU which can process data and present it in a way that suits lets say Hyperterminal . -- Best Regards Ulf at atmel dot com These comments are intended to be my own opinion and they may, or may not be shared by my employer, Atmel Sweden.
> You might want to check out the AT91SAM7S64 which has > 2 x UARTs - need to listen to 2 channels > USB > Timers which can be used to measure baud rate.
It this chip already available ? What is the price of the chip ? Regards, Martin
Hi Ulf! You're really with your own opinion here?? Often I see marketing lights in your postings. regards - Henry -- <Schau auch mal auf meine Homepage www.ehydra.dyndns.info> <u.a. Versand von Wasserflohzuchtansatz, Wasserpflanzen/-schnecken, brasilianischer Sauerklee, Natron zum Backen/Baden, u.a.> <Alternativ &#4294967295;ber http://people.freenet.de/algenkocher>

"Henry Kiefer" <otc@gmx.net> skrev i meddelandet
> Ulf wrote: > >Best Regards > >Ulf at atmel dot com > >These comments are intended to be my own opinion and they > >may, or may not be shared by my employer, Atmel Sweden. > Hi Ulf! > You're really with your own opinion here?? Often I see marketing lights in > your postings. > > regards - > Henry
Well, I have had tons of problems actually getting access to a newsserver inside Atmel. I doubt that there is more than a few Atmel employees that even know there are such things as news servers. Thats what you get when your boss doesn't even have a computer... (Actually he finally got one half a year ago) Noone in Atmel tells me what to say here, but on the other hand, noone in Atmel that knows I frequent the place has objected. If I like to talk about parts, it may be because I have participated in the definition of many of the micros Atmel is releasing, so blame it on maternal feelings... In this case Niek wants to have a expand a Zilog part because it does not fit his needs, and the SAM7S64 really will solve his problem because it has the three UARTs and the USB. Occams Razor says a simpler solution is a better solution, IIRC. This assumes it is OK to do some USB programming. If he does not want to know anyting about USB, then the FTDI is probably a better solution but I assume that Niek will know this for himself. -- Best Regard Ulf Samuelsson Still my own opinion.
> -- > > <Schau auch mal auf meine Homepage www.ehydra.dyndns.info> > <u.a. Versand von Wasserflohzuchtansatz, Wasserpflanzen/-schnecken, > brasilianischer Sauerklee, Natron zum Backen/Baden, u.a.> > <Alternativ &#4294967295;ber http://people.freenet.de/algenkocher> > > >
OK Ulf. I know whats your feeling because my last employer even doesn't know
what usenet is and why he should look on it for potential customers. It is
an electronics design company for CAD and customer-specific embedded systems
hardware development for industrial design. Even they have a website created
in june 2004 and never actuated until now (There is only one page on their
site ;-)
BTW: The most hits I get for my products are from Google and usenet groups
specific to my products.

I like to hear more from you in the future :-)

- Henry

--

> OK Ulf. I know whats your feeling because my last employer even doesn't
know
> what usenet is and why he should look on it for potential customers. It is > an electronics design company for CAD and customer-specific embedded
systems
> hardware development for industrial design. Even they have a website
created
> in june 2004 and never actuated until now (There is only one page on their > site ;-) > BTW: The most hits I get for my products are from Google and usenet groups > specific to my products. > > I like to hear more from you in the future :-) > > - Henry > > --
I got a lot of positive feedback from readers of the newsgroup and I quite frequently meet strangers who know who I am, because they read my comments. This is kinda fun. Got into a similar problem now at home. Got my 10 Mbit Fibre/Ethernet connection installed in May Have been trying to convince the people in the house to get this for 5 years and quickly realized that the Internet provider canned their news server 6 months earlier. -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com This is a personal view which may or may not be share by my Employer Atmel Nordic AB
>Got into a similar problem now at home. >Got my 10 Mbit Fibre/Ethernet connection installed in May >Have been trying to convince the people in the house to >get this for 5 years and quickly realized that the Internet >provider canned their news server 6 months earlier.
There are enough (free) newsserver out there. At least the server of the uni Berlin is free to all (I'm using it because my cable i-net provider havn't a newsserver). - Henry -- <Schau auch mal auf meine Homepage www.ehydra.dyndns.info> <u.a. Versand von Wasserflohzuchtansatz, Wasserpflanzen/-schnecken, brasilianischer Sauerklee, Natron zum Backen/Baden, u.a.> <Alternativ &#4294967295;ber http://people.freenet.de/algenkocher>

Memfault Beyond the Launch