TCP/IP Chip!

Started by Ali September 5, 2006
TCP/IP implemented in hardware with I2C interface: http://www.iinchip.com/wiznet/product_assp.html Regards, Richard. + http://www.FreeRTOS.org + http://www.SafeRTOS.com for Cortex-M3, ARM7, ARM9, HCS12, H8S, MSP430 Microblaze, Coldfire, AVR, x86, 8051 & PIC18 * * * *
Can build one with the AT91SAM7X128/256 and a TCP/IP stack. www.freertos.org -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Ali wrote:
> > > The device is stationary so power consumption is not an issue here, > well guys let me elaborate my problem. We want to provide a web > interface of our RFID reader, at moment it is providing only RS232 > interface for hosts. From reader to host the data will be always less > then 13 bytes and from host to reader it would be even less than that. > So I'm not looking for super higher data rates with encryption etc.. > > >>Of course, if he only has 3 pins to spare, there is the small question of whether he's >got resources for an entire IP stack. > > > Yes that is an issue here, we never though that we would be having web > interface of our gadget but now management wants to add that as well. > We are lacking I/O pins from our MCU but maximum 6 to 7 pins can be > spared for that. As Lantronix XPort and Digi ME only requires 5 > fundamental pins [ > http://www.semiconductorstore.com/images/Items/Lantronix/XPort_blockdiagram.jpg > ] ofcourse except power and ground but its kind of expensive solution > to us. > > > ali >
You will need a rudimentary HTTP server on top of the TCP/IP stack. I doubt that the plain TCP/serial interface provides the proper sequencing of request and response disconnects for Web service. Also, there's a need for storing the Web pages themselves somewhere on the system, either in the converter unit or the client behind the serial connection. Been there - done that. -- Tauno Voipio tauno voipio (at) iki fi
"Tauno Voipio" <tauno.voipio@INVALIDiki.fi> wrote in message
> Ali wrote: > > Yes that is an issue here, we never though that we would be having web > > interface of our gadget but now management wants to add that as well. > > We are lacking I/O pins from our MCU but maximum 6 to 7 pins can be > > spared for that. As Lantronix XPort and Digi ME only requires 5 > > fundamental pins [ > >
http://www.semiconductorstore.com/images/Items/Lantronix/XPort_blockdiagram.jpg
> > ] ofcourse except power and ground but its kind of expensive solution > > to us. > > > > > > ali > > > > You will need a rudimentary HTTP server on top of the > TCP/IP stack. I doubt that the plain TCP/serial interface > provides the proper sequencing of request and response > disconnects for Web service.
The Lantronix devices have a webserver built in. You can load web pages into the device. Meindert
The Tibbo EM100 module uses 5V level serial async interface i.e. RX, TX and GND. take a look at www.tibbo.com
"Ali" <abdulrazaq@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > Is there any chip available with serial interface (three wires) for > TCP/IP connectivity? > > > ali >
Can build one with the AT91SAM7X128/256 and a TCP/IP stack. www.freertos.org -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference