8051

Started by mack March 19, 2007
can any1 please tell me, wat other storage devices i can use other than
memory chips with microcontroller 8051...

mack wrote:
> can any1 please tell me, wat other storage devices i can use other than > memory chips with microcontroller 8051... > >
You can store your 8051 chips in a drawer, on a shelf, or in a cupboard. Most cardboard boxes should also be compatible. If you want more useful answers, cut out the 13-year-old SMS spelling, find your keyboard's shift key, and then post again with some information about what you want to achieve.
>mack wrote: >> can any1 please tell me, wat other storage devices i can use other
than
>> memory chips with microcontroller 8051... >> >> > >You can store your 8051 chips in a drawer, on a shelf, or in a cupboard.
> Most cardboard boxes should also be compatible. > >If you want more useful answers, cut out the 13-year-old SMS spelling, >find your keyboard's shift key, and then post again with some >information about what you want to achieve. >
Well thank you Sir for reminding me that SMS language should not be used at such important places. For a project work instead of using memory IC's (chips), I want to use some other memory device. The controller we are using is 8051. Can I use SD card as memory device for porject work? What processor speed does SD card require?
On Mar 19, 9:47 am, "mack" <mack.pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well thank you Sir for reminding me that SMS language should not be used > at such important places. For a project work instead of using memory IC's > (chips), I want to use some other memory device. The controller we are > using is 8051. Can I use SD card as memory device for porject work? What > processor speed does SD card require?
As a guess, the SPI mode should work at any non-zero clock rate.
On Mar 19, 4:31 am, "mack" <mack.pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> can any1 please tell me, wat other storage devices i can use other than > memory chips with microcontroller 8051...
You can use Large Embedded Gigabyte System with an Arm.
<cs_posting@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mar 19, 9:47 am, "mack" <mack.pa...@gmail.com> wrote: > >> Well thank you Sir for reminding me that SMS language should not be used >> at such important places. For a project work instead of using memory IC's >> (chips), I want to use some other memory device. The controller we are >> using is 8051. Can I use SD card as memory device for porject work? What >> processor speed does SD card require? > > As a guess, the SPI mode should work at any non-zero clock rate.
At a guess, and non-zero clock rate <= 25MHz and <= 400kHz during identification. The min is apparently 0/100kHz which is hard for me to get my head round. Peter
mack wrote:
> Well thank you Sir for reminding me that SMS language should not be used > at such important places. For a project work instead of using memory IC's > (chips), I want to use some other memory device. The controller we are > using is 8051. Can I use SD card as memory device for porject work? What > processor speed does SD card require?
You could use just about any "memory device" with an 8051. It all depends on what requirements you have. What kind of information (code or data), how much (1 bit? Gigabytes?) and for how long (do you need to retain the information when power is off)? Do you have speed requirements on reading or writing? Do you have a budget? If you answer at least some of the above, you stand a better chance of getting a sensible answer. Just trying to help... </A>
"mack" <mack.panju@gmail.com> wrote in message
> can any1 please tell me, wat other storage devices i can use other than > memory chips with microcontroller 8051... >
IDE Harddisk. Has been published in Elektor magazine a few years back. Audio cassete tape (as was common in the 70ties) Floppy Wim
mack wrote:
>> mack wrote: >>> can any1 please tell me, wat other storage devices i can use other > than >>> memory chips with microcontroller 8051... >>> >>> >> You can store your 8051 chips in a drawer, on a shelf, or in a cupboard. > >> Most cardboard boxes should also be compatible. >> >> If you want more useful answers, cut out the 13-year-old SMS spelling, >> find your keyboard's shift key, and then post again with some >> information about what you want to achieve. >> > > Well thank you Sir for reminding me that SMS language should not be used > at such important places. For a project work instead of using memory IC's > (chips), I want to use some other memory device. The controller we are > using is 8051. Can I use SD card as memory device for porject work? What > processor speed does SD card require?
1) search a little. Goggle is you friend. 2) Yes many have done it. 3) they have also connected Hard drives, CD ROMs, and USB memork sticks with a little more Hardware. 4) SEARCH on 8052.com you will find the topic discussed previously there.

"mack" <mack.panju@gmail.com> wrote in message
> can any1 please tell me, wat other storage devices i can use other than > memory chips with microcontroller 8051... > >
You can store a complete 8051 core in a XYLINX these days.... Or sumtimz I store in my cellfon.

Memfault Beyond the Launch