USB to Ethernet

Started by Ali August 3, 2007
On Aug 8, 12:22 am, Eric <englere_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 7, 6:11 am, "Ulf Samuelsson" <u...@a-t-m-e-l.com> wrote: > > > The AVR32 based AT32AP7000 has high speed USB and 10/100 Ethernet > > and runs Linux. > > Anyone interested in the AVR32 should also check the online videos atwww.avrtv.com. This chip is awesome and the dev boards are cheap. > They've broken out these devices into the strong application > processors (AP7), and the smaller control oriented processors (UC3 and > UCB). > > The Network Gateway Kit (basically a mini-router with 2 Ethernet and 1 > USB) is very high powered at a super low price:http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?family_id=682&family... > > Although I'm not into embedded linux at this time, if I decide to go > down that road I'll want to know that a hardware vendor is interested > in supporting a linux BSP for that device/board, and Atmel is > definitely into doing that. Some other vendors only grudingly admit > that linux can work on their devices and they may have an old BSP they > made a few years ago and never updated. > > Eric
Ok, good folks. Lets make it simple, what is the best thing to hook with ominvision gadgets ? Ofcourse in terms of cost and efficiency! Eric, thanks for input but honestly I don't know why, but somehow i want to avoid an OS. maybe I'm wrong but device having/capable of an OS is costly indeed with ample amount of flash and overhead of development. ali
>> > The AVR32 based AT32AP7000 has high speed USB and 10/100 Ethernet >> > and runs Linux. >> >> Anyone interested in the AVR32 should also check the online videos >> atwww.avrtv.com. This chip is awesome and the dev boards are cheap. >> They've broken out these devices into the strong application >> processors (AP7), and the smaller control oriented processors (UC3 and >> UCB). >> >> The Network Gateway Kit (basically a mini-router with 2 Ethernet and 1 >> USB) is very high powered at a super low >> price:http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?family_id=682&family... >> >> Although I'm not into embedded linux at this time, if I decide to go >> down that road I'll want to know that a hardware vendor is interested >> in supporting a linux BSP for that device/board, and Atmel is >> definitely into doing that. Some other vendors only grudingly admit >> that linux can work on their devices and they may have an old BSP they >> made a few years ago and never updated. >> >> Eric > > Ok, good folks. > Lets make it simple, what is the best thing to hook with ominvision > gadgets ? Ofcourse in terms of cost and efficiency! > > Eric, thanks for input but honestly I don't know why, but somehow i > want to avoid an OS. maybe I'm wrong but device having/capable of an > OS is costly indeed with ample amount of flash and overhead of > development. > > > ali
The AVR32 has High Speed USB and a CMOS Imager integrated (as well as Ethernet). The Network Gateway kit is sub $100 gcc toolset + AVR32 Studio is free. A JTAGICE MK II is handy... -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> The AVR32 has High Speed USB and a CMOS Imager integrated
Can you please post a URL to one of the AVR32's that has an integrated imager? I can't any on the Atmel website. Clifford Heath.
"Clifford Heath" <no@spam.please.net> skrev i meddelandet
> Ulf Samuelsson wrote: >> The AVR32 has High Speed USB and a CMOS Imager integrated > > Can you please post a URL to one of the AVR32's that has an integrated > imager? > I can't any on the Atmel website. > > Clifford Heath.
AP7000 has an *interface* to an imager. Sorry about confusion -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Huh! late from the party, thats what I was looking for http://www.wiznet.co.kr/pro_iin_ASRB_USB.htm ali