Bug tracking software

Started by Henrik [6650] November 10, 2006
"Richard Pennington" <rich@pennware.com> wrote in message
> Henrik [6650] wrote: >> Hello friends, >> >> I am searching for a bug tracking software of some kind. We have been >> using >> PR-Tracker for a few years. But it does no longer fit our needs. And >> is >> somewhat clunky to use. (Version 4.5 that is. I have not used any >> never). >> >> So I am somewhat curious to hear what people are using and why. >> Preferably >> packages that run on Windoze platform, since that is what we use in >> our >> department. >> >> What we need: >> Shared database with support for multiple users. >> Windoze supported host/client >> Possibility to create and assign problems to developers. >> Posibility to create various reports from the database. >> >> Does anybody have anything they can recommend? Cheap/free would be >> nice, but >> commercial packages also has our interest. >> >> Thanking you all in advance. >> >> Best regards >> Henrik >> > > Hi Henrik, > > I recently started using Bugzilla + Subversion + SCMbug. > > It was a little tricky to set up all three but the result is very > cool. > SCMbug integrates Bugzilla and Subversion, meaning that every change > to the source repository has to be applied to a corresponding bug in > the Bugzilla data base.
Yet another reason for me to use Subversion! It must nearly be Christmas!
Tom Lucas wrote:
> "Richard Pennington" <rich@pennware.com> wrote in message > news:0wr5h.8576$9v5.6616@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... > > ... > > I recently started using Bugzilla + Subversion + SCMbug. > > > > It was a little tricky to set up all three but the result is very > > cool. > > SCMbug integrates Bugzilla and Subversion, meaning that every change > > to the source repository has to be applied to a corresponding bug in > > the Bugzilla data base. > > Yet another reason for me to use Subversion! It must nearly be > Christmas!
This kind of integration is one of its major strong points, yes; and as it continues to gain users, extensions will also proliferate. It's the Participation Age, baby...
Well Tom I am impressed. I couldn't get scmbug to install on freebsd so
I eventually gave up.
I would love to integrate them though. Which OS do you use? Can you let
me in on how you fugured it out?
Thanks for any help.

<petros.fraser@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Well Tom I am impressed. I couldn't get scmbug to install on freebsd > so > I eventually gave up. > I would love to integrate them though. Which OS do you use? Can you > let > me in on how you fugured it out? > Thanks for any help.
Are you replying to me? I haven't installed anything yet so I have nothing that I can let you in on. I will be using Fedora Core 5 so I'll let you know if it proves to be too tricky.
> toby wrote: >> Tom Lucas wrote: >> > "Richard Pennington" <rich@pennware.com> wrote in message >> > news:0wr5h.8576$9v5.6616@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... >> > > ... >> > > I recently started using Bugzilla + Subversion + SCMbug. >> > > >> > > It was a little tricky to set up all three but the result is very >> > > cool. >> > > SCMbug integrates Bugzilla and Subversion, meaning that every >> > > change >> > > to the source repository has to be applied to a corresponding bug >> > > in >> > > the Bugzilla data base. >> > >> > Yet another reason for me to use Subversion! It must nearly be >> > Christmas! >> >> This kind of integration is one of its major strong points, yes; and >> as >> it continues to gain users, extensions will also proliferate. It's >> the >> Participation Age, baby... >
petros.fraser@gmail.com wrote:
> Well Tom I am impressed. I couldn't get scmbug to install on freebsd so > I eventually gave up. > I would love to integrate them though.
The other solution I posted will work on any UNIX-based O/S.
> Which OS do you use? Can you let > me in on how you fugured it out? > Thanks for any help. > > > toby wrote: > > Tom Lucas wrote: > > > "Richard Pennington" <rich@pennware.com> wrote in message > > > news:0wr5h.8576$9v5.6616@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... > > > > ... > > > > I recently started using Bugzilla + Subversion + SCMbug. > > > > > > > > It was a little tricky to set up all three but the result is very > > > > cool. > > > > SCMbug integrates Bugzilla and Subversion, meaning that every change > > > > to the source repository has to be applied to a corresponding bug in > > > > the Bugzilla data base. > > > > > > Yet another reason for me to use Subversion! It must nearly be > > > Christmas! > > > > This kind of integration is one of its major strong points, yes; and as > > it continues to gain users, extensions will also proliferate. It's the > > Participation Age, baby...
Serena Version Manager and Serena TeamTrack.  Great support too!