what is Microcontroller Subject about?

Started by hassanishome March 25, 2007
Hi,
I am studying now a subject called 'Microcontroller 8051"
What is the benifits of this subject
I am mastering Computer Eng.
What I can do with this Controller and subject in future?
Thank you

On Mar 25, 1:25 pm, "hassanishome" <hassanish...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am mastering Computer Eng.
No, you are not mastering anything. You are taking the first steps on the path to engineering, and you are taking them very badly.
"hassanishome" <hassanishome@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, > I am studying now a subject called 'Microcontroller 8051" > What is the benifits of this subject > I am mastering Computer Eng. > What I can do with this Controller and subject in future? > Thank you
Sorry to be OT for the question being asked, but what exactly are you mastering? I see this stated a lot in emails/forums/newsgroups and think there is possibly something missing in my translation. What do you mean when you state you Mastering Computer Eng? -- Regards, Richard. + http://www.FreeRTOS.org A free real time kernel for 8, 16 and 32bit systems. + http://www.SafeRTOS.com An IEC 61508 compliant real time kernel for safety related systems.
On 25 Mar 2007 10:25:49 -0700, in comp.arch.embedded "hassanishome"
<hassanishome@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi, >I am studying now a subject called 'Microcontroller 8051" >What is the benifits of this subject >I am mastering Computer Eng. >What I can do with this Controller and subject in future? >Thank you
You can do many things, but I would ask your teacher why you are learning such a very old product, there are many better ones around, Atmel AVR, TI MSP430 for example. martin
FreeRTOS.org wrote:

> Sorry to be OT for the question being asked, but what exactly are you > mastering? I see this stated a lot in emails/forums/newsgroups and think > there is possibly something missing in my translation. >
Now that you have opened this door, I feel obliged to add these queries: 1. Why do posts from certain regions substitute the word 'doubt' for 'question'? E.G. "I have a doubt about SPI on this mcu." 2. Why do English speakers east of about -50 deg. lon. refer to a company in the possessive as plural? E.G. "Hewlett Packard have strong tech support" instead of "Hewlett Packard has strong tech support". I've seen this as the rule and not the exception from the U.K. Regards, Michael
I am not english speaker
and I wanted to say I am majoring or styding, but I used mastering by
mistake
I want to know what this subject for
and thank u for the answers

On 2007-03-25, msg <msg@_cybertheque.org_> wrote:

> 2. Why do English speakers east of about -50 deg. lon. refer > to a company in the possessive as plural? E.G. "Hewlett > Packard have strong tech support" instead of "Hewlett > Packard has strong tech support". I've seen this as the > rule and not the exception from the U.K.
In the US/Canada, the pluralness of the verb matches the subject _word_. If a collective noun is syntactically singular (e.g. The Army), then the singular verb is used. In the UK/Australia/etc. Even if the subject is singular, you use the plural noun if the subject is a singular collective noun (it refers to multiple people). For example, there's a "Minnestoa Vikings" football team. In the us you say: The Vikings have a good chance to win. ("Vikings" is plural) Minnesota has a good chance to win. ("Minnesota" is singular) In the UK, both would be treated as plural and "have" would be used. That's just the way it is. -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! Now KEN is having at a MENTAL CRISIS beacuse visi.com his "R.V." PAYMENTS are OVER-DUE!!
"larwe" <zwsdotcom@gmail.com> wrote in message
<SNIP>
> and you are taking them very badly. >
I like larwe, brilliant :-) Reminds me of a friend called Steve in a company I worked for 5-years ago. We used to hit each other over the head with books, this was a large open plan corporate of about 200-people. Fond memories. As you can't hit people anymore for being stupid, which is a pity really. :-)
msg <msg@_cybertheque.org_> wrote:
> 2. Why do English speakers east of about -50 deg. lon. refer to a company > in the possessive as plural? E.G. "Hewlett Packard have strong tech support" > instead of "Hewlett Packard has strong tech support". I've seen this > as the rule and not the exception from the U.K.
Either the American usage was a rationalisation like the spelling changes Webster introduced such as our->or and re->er or the American usage was common English usage and English has since diverged. On no evidence at all I'd go for the former. I'd like to know the real answer though. -p -- "Unix is user friendly, it's just picky about who its friends are." - Anonymous --------------------------------------------------------------------
On Mar 25, 1:25 pm, "hassanishome" <hassanish...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, > I am studying now a subject called 'Microcontroller 8051" > What is the benifits of this subject > I am mastering Computer Eng. > What I can do with this Controller and subject in future? > Thank you
For the benefits, ask you teacher. I do not know the context of this course in you curriculum, so I cannot answer that question. What you can do with an 8051 is design and implement about any system that only requires an 8bit processor. For example (AFAIK) most PC keyboards are built using an 8051. Possibly your microwave oven uses an 8051 controller. What you MIGHT learn in this subject: assemly language programming (possibly including burning your program into a PROM chip) assembly level debugging including interrupts, breakpoints, and patching. Interfacing to nondigital (analog) devices, data acquisition and analysis. digital design and development reading datasheets and understanding them. how to program without an Operating System! Why the 8051? There are many other controllers available, though that one is still very common. HTH, ed