turn your expensive oscilloscope into a $5 clock

Started by BrunoG November 2, 2007
Hi,

Here is my suggestion to turn your oscilloscope into a clock with a PIC a 4
resistors :
http://www.micro-examples.com/public/microex-navig/doc/082-pic-oscillo-clock

I'm opened to your destructive comments :)

Bruno

On Nov 2, 11:07 am, "BrunoG" <nore...@micro-examples.com> wrote:
> Hi, > > Here is my suggestion to turn your oscilloscope into a clock with a PIC a 4 > resistors :http://www.micro-examples.com/public/microex-navig/doc/082-pic-oscill... > > I'm opened to your destructive comments :)
I remember hacking 6800 assembly code as a kid and tweaking R's and C's in my ramp generator until I had spelled out my name on the scope screen :-). Somewhere on the world-wide-interweb is a 50's era article that shows how to synthesize some very nicely rendered digits onto a X-Y display using sine/cosine waves and harmonics. Tim.
Check this out:
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8488#

"BrunoG" <noreply@micro-examples.com> writes:
> http://www.micro-examples.com/public/microex-navig/doc/082-pic-oscillo-clock
Your schematic has +5v connected directly to GND. The project itself is cool, though.
"Bill Chernoff" <bill@star-techno.com> wrote in message
> Check this out: > http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8488#
Very nice... good use for that old Tek 2465B when you're not using it for Real Work! (Granted, someone like Joerg might suggest that the ratio of how often you use a 2465B to a digital 'scope tells you something about how good you are at circuit troubleshooting... :-) )
"DJ Delorie" <dj@delorie.com> a &#4294967295;crit dans le message de news:
xnabpw7il3.fsf@delorie.com...
> > "BrunoG" <noreply@micro-examples.com> writes: >> http://www.micro-examples.com/public/microex-navig/doc/082-pic-oscillo-clock > > Your schematic has +5v connected directly to GND. > > The project itself is cool, though.
Well spotted ! I should have named the topic "how to turn your expensive power supply into carbon". Schematic has been corrected ;-) Thanks ! Bruno
On Nov 2, 12:09 pm, "BrunoG" <nore...@micro-examples.com> wrote:
> "DJ Delorie" <d...@delorie.com> a =E9crit dans le message de news: > xnabpw7il3....@delorie.com... > > > > > "BrunoG" <nore...@micro-examples.com> writes: > >>http://www.micro-examples.com/public/microex-navig/doc/082-pic-oscill... > > > Your schematic has +5v connected directly to GND. > > > The project itself is cool, though. > > Well spotted ! > I should have named the topic "how to turn your expensive power supply in=
> carbon". > Schematic has been corrected ;-) > > Thanks ! > > Bruno
Ah.
On Nov 2, 11:50 am, DJ Delorie <d...@delorie.com> wrote:
> "BrunoG" <nore...@micro-examples.com> writes: > >http://www.micro-examples.com/public/microex-navig/doc/082-pic-oscill... > > Your schematic has +5v connected directly to GND.
Where?
"BrunoG" <noreply@micro-examples.com> wrote in message
> Hi, > > Here is my suggestion to turn your oscilloscope into a clock with a PIC a > 4 resistors : > http://www.micro-examples.com/public/microex-navig/doc/082-pic-oscillo-clock > > I'm opened to your destructive comments :) > > Bruno
Reminds me of a late '70s Byte project for Space War (gravity and everything!) on a 'scope using an 8080. [scuttles off to dig out code and see if it is feasible to translate to PIC asm]
Well done.. Nice U Tube Video support

Fun is good

Regards

 --