EmbeddedRelated.com
Forums
The 2024 Embedded Online Conference

Major Outage

Started by stephaneb 5 years ago4 replieslatest reply 5 years ago193 views

If you tried to access one of the *Related sites today, you were probably greeted with something like:

This site can’t be reached

The *Related sites have been hosted by the same hosting provider for about 12 years and you can count on one hand the number of outages that happened during these years and most of them for only a few minutes.  Last year, the company has been acquired by a bigger player.  I thought I would give them a chance and see if things would continue to be stable despite the change of ownership.  Today, the server was un-reachable for more than 12 hours.  I think I will start looking for a new home for the *Related sites, but it will have to wait a bit, I am way too busy with the preparations for Embedded World next week and moving the *Related sites on a new server won't be trivial.

In the meantime, let's hope that the server will stay accessible and up and running for the next few weeks without any major interruptions, and thank you for your patience.

Stephane

[ - ]
Reply by Rick LyonsFebruary 19, 2019
"One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity."

-Albert Schweitzer

[ - ]
Reply by stephanebFebruary 19, 2019

Thanks for the encouragement and support Rick!

[ - ]
Reply by oliviertFebruary 19, 2019

Bravo Stéphane,

Embedded world is a major event, concentrate all your efforts on this before anything else.

*Related is important for all those who want to share their problems and knowledge. Keep up the good job!

[ - ]
Reply by kazFebruary 19, 2019

On the positive side: You never realize the value of what you have until you lose it. 

And one day you will..Murphy's law

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference