EmbeddedRelated.com
Forums
The 2024 Embedded Online Conference

Live Streaming from Embedded World Discussion Thread

Started by stephaneb 5 years ago4 replieslatest reply 5 years ago182 views

This is the place where I hope to read your feedback and interact with you during the day as I do my best to live stream as much content as possible from Embedded World, through EmbeddedRelated.tv.

As I write this, it is Tuesday morning, day 1 one of Embedded World and I have a little bit the cold feet as I look at the schedule I have imposed on myself.  This will be a crazy first day for sure and I cross my fingers that the technical side of things will go well.  

Feel free to use this thread to report any problem (sound, image) so that I can try to fix them or at least let you know what the problem might be.

I expect the screens to flicker, a problem difficult to avoid.  So I might focus my camera on the speakers and not on the slides on the screens.  That is why I have asked the presenters to submit a pdf file of their slides so you can follow.  When the file is available, the link will be in the description of the video (under the title).

Thanks for watching.

[ - ]
Reply by stephanebFebruary 26, 2019

Disaster struck.  One tripod broke during transport, backup tripod missing a piece.  Need to run out to buy another tripod, will have to skip Jacob's presentation on FreeRTOS and maybe Colin's presentation on RTOS as well.  Sorry!

[ - ]

Got a new tripod, won’t make it in time for Colin’s presentation.  

[ - ]

Second live streaming didn't go very well.  It was from a forum area on the show floor and my wireless microphone picked lots of interference so I had to switch to on-camera microphone with far less quality audio (lots of background noise).  Also, I wasn't able to start the streaming on time, the wifi gave up on me (wifi really sucks here) at the very moment that the presentation started.  I needed to switch quickly to a hotspot with my phone.

The next presentation (Future of FreeRTOS) is from the same stage.  The sound guy will provide a feed from his console which should make for much better sound quality.  

One problem I can see happening will be the crowd as I expect Richard's presentation to attract lots of people and it might prove difficult to keep people from walking/standing in front of the camera.  

I knew there would be many challenges but I was hoping for better luck; so far, not so much.  

[ - ]

The third live streaming session, The Future of FreeRTOS, went very well.  This is encouraging for the upcoming sessions.  But my live-streaming device is using LOTS of cellular data (fallback) because did I tell that the WIFI here sucks?

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference