EmbeddedRelated.com
Forums
The 2024 Embedded Online Conference

Live Streaming #3

Started by stephaneb 5 years ago9 replieslatest reply 5 years ago181 views

Today's live streaming will be short - one quick draw and then testing of the split screen.

[ - ]
Reply by stephanebMay 3, 2019

Haha, this is hilarious.  I had some feedback loop in there, basically, my own audio got fed back into the video and as you watch, it becomes worse and worse.  I'll let the video there for a couple of days just so you can see what I mean but this is unwatchable (un-listenable).  I need to understand how this happened.  I did a test earlier this morning and didn't have this issue at all.  And before you ask, yes, my speakers were turned off.  Ahh, growing pains.  Thanks for your patience!

To resume, @CustomSarge is the winner of one item from https://www.embeddedrelated.com/showarticle/1244.php

[ - ]

It seems like watching myself on the second monitor is what caused the looping issue.  Basically, because I was doing a screen capture, the program (obs) also took the audio, not only the image and sent it alongside my webcam video and sound.  What a mess!  

I should have monitored the live comments on Youtube, Will Kalman and Lorenzo Rizello told me about the issue and I could have tried to figure it out live.

[ - ]
Reply by WKalmanMay 3, 2019

No worries, looking forward to the re-do and future episodes. :^)

--Will

[ - ]
Reply by LorenzoRMay 3, 2019

It was the first video I had been able to watch live, it has probably been my fault o.O

[ - ]
Reply by natersozMay 3, 2019
I thought the zombies were coming!
[ - ]
Reply by CustomSargeMay 3, 2019

Hi, THANKS, I never win stuff...

Could you tell me what I won? If it's a development kit for IoT or somesuch, I'd request it be put back and a different person wins. I don't do much work with the newer systems. My development environment spans 20+ years - this old dog likes the tricks he knows...

[ - ]

Congrats!  Is there anything on this page that you could make good use of?  (make sure to notice the things that are 'gone').

[ - ]
Reply by CustomSargeMay 3, 2019

I think I'd have the most fun with the ST25-TAG-BAG-E. RFID is a topic I'm curious about and this seems to be a starter pack. So, again Thanks!

How do we complete this? Do you need address, postage? If so, please request through my email, I'd rather not public post it (teehee).

[ - ]

Sounds good!  Just sent you an email with the details.

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference