EmbeddedRelated.com
Forums

DIGI RABBIT 2000

Started by M2O 2 years ago9 replieslatest reply 2 years ago167 views

Hello, 

Does anybody know about a tool or enviroment in order to read an embedded program already recorded on the DIGI RABBIT 2000.

I´ve installed the Dynamic C, but it seems only to debug the software.

Best Regards.

[ - ]
Reply by SpiderKennyAugust 18, 2022

Oh wow!  Rabbit 2000 - now there'a blast from the past. I did a lot of work on them back in the early 2000's.

I'm sure there was a standalone progamming utility, and I'm also pretty certain there was a clone utility - which would suggest it is possible to read the non-volatile memory from them.

Any tools I had are long gone - but I still have old HDDs with the tools on them. I may try to dig one out and poke about, but I can't promise anything.

Finally, you should probably hear the same advice I give to everyone who asks about reading back machine code from MCUs - for the vast magority of the time, it is quicker and easier just to re-code the project than to dump the m/c code and reverse engineer it. 

[ - ]
Reply by DilbertoAugust 18, 2022

Hi SpiderKenny!

I agree with your advice! It's the same I give to everyone that asks me about this!

Cheers!

[ - ]
Reply by M2OAugust 18, 2022

Hello Mr SpiderKenny thank you very much.

Acttualy we are only interested to read back memory and update the firmware in other memory, no adjustments or changes will be done. So we just need to read and update it. 

If you find some tool t woulb be very helpful.

my e-mail: marcello.mo@gmail.com

Best Regards

[ - ]

If I remember correctly... the Rabitt 2000 uses external flash - so just remove the flash chip, read it, and program the other. :-)

[ - ]
Reply by pwdandekarAugust 18, 2022

I do not think there is any facility in Dynamic C to read machine code in memory and dump it out. 

[ - ]

Hello Mr Pwdandekar, thank you very much.

[ - ]

Can I ask... do you have a Rabbitt 2000 on a custom PCB, or are you using an RCM2000 "core module"?

If the latter, then you can proably read directly from the flash chip itself.

[ - ]

Hi,

I´ve a RCM2000 core module which includes RABBIT 2000 and the static RAM IS62C1024AL.