Forums
The 2024 Embedded Online Conference

Live blog

Started by neirober 5 years ago7 replieslatest reply 5 years ago63 views

Good Job Stephane!

Neil

[ - ]
Reply by stephanebMarch 29, 2019

Haha, thanks for the good words Neil.  This was way more difficult to do than I could imagine but I will keep trying until I get closer to being myself and comfortable in front of the camera.

[ - ]
Reply by neiroberMarch 29, 2019

I subbed teaching a class for a professor a long time ago.  It's surprisingly difficult to lecture to un-engaged students taking a required course outside their major.  With no audience, it might even be worse.  

Maybe you could enlist some pets as audience, or as part of a panel...

[ - ]
Reply by CustomSargeMarch 29, 2019

You're doing fine. I'm at work, couldn't watch but a few minutes, will catch it all later today.

[ - ]

Thanks - I am still recovering from the experience.  I will need to find tricks to bring my mind in a state where I can feel like if I was in a conversation with someone.  

[ - ]

How about asking mfgr reps to sit in as guests. They get some air to hawk their wares, you get to steer the narrative to how their products fit into the embedded community. They could bring some goodies to raffle off. Once you get more comfortable on camera, you could start doing more standalones.

Also, something more than social media for entering the raffles. I don't and will never participate in social media.

[ - ]

You have good ideas and thanks for sharing them with me.  I had on my schedule to talk about how, moving forward, every new thumbsup in the forum would give you a raffle ticket (I just gave you a thumbsup so you just got one raffle ticket). Somehow, the chaos in my mind made me forget to talk about this topic.    

I will definitely have other people sitting with me eventually in the future but I first need to build some momentum in order to have a big enough audience to get reps to agree.   So I will go solo a few more times in the hope that I'll get better at it.

Thanks again!

[ - ]

For a first time no wonder you dropped a thing or two.

I see the point of reps & audience. By same token you don't want this to become a monthly infomercial either.

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference