EmbeddedRelated.com
Forums
The 2024 Embedded Online Conference

RCM6600W WiFi+Ethernet disconnected crashes

Started by fremersaro 7 years ago4 replieslatest reply 7 years ago90 views

I'm using a using a RCM6650W module and adding a simple external circuit to support Wifi and Ethernet simultaneously. Everthing works fine until I disconnect the RJ45 cable. After a few seconds of having WiFi activity the RCM6650W crashes!

It seems to be a firmware bug on the Libraries. I tried with DC10.72 and 10.72a.

Every works fine if a the Ethernet cable is connected, even if there's not activity at all on that interfase.

Can someone help me?

[ - ]
Reply by wyzarddocFebruary 9, 2017

I would 1st check to see if the schematics show pull-up resistors on the RJ45 connections on the board. Some of these chips go nuts if inputs/outputs are floating

[ - ]
Reply by fremersaroFebruary 9, 2017
Thanks for you suggestions. We finally detected that the problem was the power supply was too small.
[ - ]
Reply by trogers531February 9, 2017

Yup, if you're having crashes it's likely related to the thing that has changed, i.e., the Ethernet interface (I'm assuming the cable you're unplugging is connected to a live port at the far end.) A good test would be to try plugging it into an idle switch; if the crash disappears, consider 'fooling' the Ethernet interface chip with a few strategically placed resistors..

[ - ]
Reply by fremersaroFebruary 9, 2017
Thanks for you suggestions. We finally detected that the problem was that the power supply was too small.
The 2024 Embedded Online Conference