STM32L4R9 native bootloader (system memory)

Started by pozz in comp.arch.embedded4 months ago 4 replies

I have a board that mounts STM32L4R9 MCU. I'm interested in the native USB bootloader, the one that resides in system memory. The BOOT0 pin...

I have a board that mounts STM32L4R9 MCU. I'm interested in the native USB bootloader, the one that resides in system memory. The BOOT0 pin can be pulled-down or pulled-up by resistors, but those resistors can't be moved (soldered/unsoldered) at every upgrade. What I'd like to do is: - at startup, if a USB cable is connected, system memory should be selected as boot memory area - a...

Announcement: C/C++/Lua code generator from UML state diagrams version 4.1

Started by Anonymous in comp.arch.embedded4 months ago

Hello list readers, SinelaboreRT generates clean and robust C/C++/Lua code from UML state machine diagrams. Features: - Support for...

Hello list readers, SinelaboreRT generates clean and robust C/C++/Lua code from UML state machine diagrams. Features: - Support for various UML modelling tools or built-in editor (EA, UModel, Modelio ...) - Generates clear production quality code - No run-time environment needed - Special features for high availability systems - Supports hierarchical designs - No gap between...

timestamp in ms and 64-bit counter

Started by pozz in comp.arch.embedded4 months ago 63 replies

I need a timestamp in millisecond in linux epoch. It is a number that doesn't fit in a 32-bits number. I'm using a 32-bit MCU (STM32L4R9...)...

I need a timestamp in millisecond in linux epoch. It is a number that doesn't fit in a 32-bits number. I'm using a 32-bit MCU (STM32L4R9...) so I don't have a 64-bits hw counter. I need to create a mixed sw/hw 64-bits counter. It's very simple, I configure a 32-bits hw timer to run at 1kHz and increment an uint32_t variable in timer overflow ISR. Now I need to implement a GetTick() f...

Codewright Failure

Started by rickman in comp.arch.embedded4 months ago 21 replies

Newsgroups are my last ditch resource for bugs with old software. I know Codewright is old and no longer supported. But I have it and I'm...

Newsgroups are my last ditch resource for bugs with old software. I know Codewright is old and no longer supported. But I have it and I'm not ready to switch. Meanwhile, something happend while I was running in safe mode and now Codewright is messed up when running in standard windows mode. I can open files, but I can't select anything in them or do any edits. I can't even position...

Here we don't go again...

Started by Dave Nadler in comp.arch.embedded4 months ago 6 replies

Yikes. https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/02/07/boeing-starliner-software-problems/

Yikes. https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/02/07/boeing-starliner-software-problems/

What are the best courses to learn Embedded Engineering In the United States?

Started by Mike091 in comp.arch.embedded4 months ago 2 replies

I'm a good programmer in just about any computer language you can mention. But for example, I don't know how to use the multitude of protocols to...

I'm a good programmer in just about any computer language you can mention. But for example, I don't know how to use the multitude of protocols to talk to the various types of hardware. Some easy examples of these protocols are the 1553 bus and UART. There are many more that I could list. I'm looking for a well-rounded course or courses to learn Embedded Programming. What should I learn? What...

FOSDEM 2020 Ada Developer Room - presentations & videos online

Started by Dirk Craeynest in comp.arch.embedded4 months ago

----------------------------------------------------------------------- *** Presentations and video recordings available online *** ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------- *** Presentations and video recordings available online *** 10th Ada Developer Room at FOSDEM 2020 Saturday 1 February 2020 Brussels, Belgium www.cs.kuleuven.be/~dirk/ada-belgium/events/20/200201-fosdem.html fosdem.org...

What are the best courses to learn Embedded Engineering?

Started by Mike091 in comp.arch.embedded4 months ago

I'm a good programmer in just about any computer language you can mention. But for example, I don't know how to use the multitude of protocols to...

I'm a good programmer in just about any computer language you can mention. But for example, I don't know how to use the multitude of protocols to talk to the various types of hardware. Some easy examples of these protocols are the 1553 bus and UART. There are many more that I could list. I'm looking for a well-rounded course or courses to learn Embedded Programming. What should I learn? What...

Looking For The Best Classroom Course(s) To Learn Software Embedded Engineering? [closed]

Started by Anonymous in comp.arch.embedded4 months ago 2 replies

What are the best courses to learn Embedded Engineering? I'm a good programmer in just about any computer language you can mention. But for...

What are the best courses to learn Embedded Engineering? I'm a good programmer in just about any computer language you can mention. But for example, I don't know how to use the multitude of protocols to talk to the various types of hardware. Some easy examples of these protocols are the 1553 bus and UART. There are many more that I could list. I'm looking for a well-rounded course or cour...

Codewright Editor Issues

Started by Rick C in comp.arch.embedded4 months ago 22 replies

Maybe I'm stuck in my ways like a dinosaur, but I've always liked my Codewright editor. My latest PC would not take my previous installation of...

Maybe I'm stuck in my ways like a dinosaur, but I've always liked my Codewright editor. My latest PC would not take my previous installation of it though and I had to start fresh. But that means a lot of stuff that worked before doesn't work now. This is ver 7.5, that latest. I don't know exactly how Windows makes the connection when you click on a file type to open it in the

Ask a Question to the EmbeddedRelated community

To significantly increase your chances of receiving answers, please make sure to:

  1. Use a meaningful title
  2. Express your question clearly and well
  3. Do not use this forum to promote your product, service or business
  4. Write in clear, grammatical, correctly-spelled language
  5. Do not post content that violates a copyright