Free Hardware

Started by Jhoberg in comp.arch.embedded12 years ago 1 reply

This it is a message of Richard Staman creator of free softeare fundation and GNU on an idea to construct free hardware in FPGAs. ...

This it is a message of Richard Staman creator of free softeare fundation and GNU on an idea to construct free hardware in FPGAs. http://lists.duskglow.com/open-graphics/2007-January/008663.html http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman Some nonfree architectures exist at the moment but it is known as a processor JAVA and Core of processor ARM work like in which I could run GNU/L...

embedded systems industry applications

Started by Steve in comp.arch.embedded12 years ago 6 replies

Real Time/Embedded systems is a large industry, and there are many practical applications of the RT/embedded systems. In this post, I try to...

Real Time/Embedded systems is a large industry, and there are many practical applications of the RT/embedded systems. In this post, I try to classify the types of embedded systems industry applications. I understand the major programming languages for embedded systems are most likely C, Assembly, C++, or even Java for mobile devices. For newbies in this field, how do we prepare ourselves wi...

FPGA on Android

Started by Tim in comp.arch.embedded4 years ago 13 replies

- non-volatile FPGA plus FTDI USB chip - connects to an Android host mode USB port - application software in Lua, with Java interface/driver -...

- non-volatile FPGA plus FTDI USB chip - connects to an Android host mode USB port - application software in Lua, with Java interface/driver - high-level Gideros software for whizzy graphics - FPGA firmware samples, including logic analyzer in source also works on a PC - useful for reprogramming the FPGA. Everything open source. www.bugblat.com/products/fan -- Tim

Android & iOS tools

Started by Anonymous in comp.arch.embedded4 years ago 17 replies

A customer wants both apps in 2 weeks. Gee, i can barely do Android in two weeks. iOS is completely new to me. I can run ADK on Linux. Are...

A customer wants both apps in 2 weeks. Gee, i can barely do Android in two weeks. iOS is completely new to me. I can run ADK on Linux. Are there iOS tools available on Linux? How about Android Java to iOS obj C translator? Any good tools i can pickup in less than 2 weeks? I keep telling them i cannot do iOS in two weeks, but they are tempting me with big checks. Perhaps enoug

embedded systems skills set

Started by John in comp.arch.embedded13 years ago 26 replies

I have some interests in embedded systems and I want to learn more. I expect most embedded systems are implemented in either C or C++. Basically...

I have some interests in embedded systems and I want to learn more. I expect most embedded systems are implemented in either C or C++. Basically Java is not an appropriate langauge in embedded system. Correct? Also, a good embedded systems programmer is expected to understand software and hardware system well? Is device driver related to embedded system? What kind of skills set you recommend ...

GUI interface to an embedded system

Started by GMM50 in comp.arch.embedded12 years ago 6 replies

Hi: I'm developing am embedded system with Ethernet, USB and Serial ports. I want to provide a GUI interface which the user can use...

Hi: I'm developing am embedded system with Ethernet, USB and Serial ports. I want to provide a GUI interface which the user can use to configure and program the system. One approach is to use java and deliver a compiled/compressed file to a browser that provides that gui interface. My question is are there alternatives to this approach that I can use with either the USB or Serial inte...

Cheap PowerPC Evaluation Board? Does one exist?

Started by luis.espinal in comp.arch.embedded9 years ago 8 replies

Hi all - I'm trying to find an evaluation board with which I can 1. Learn the basics of embedded software development, and 2. Learn the...

Hi all - I'm trying to find an evaluation board with which I can 1. Learn the basics of embedded software development, and 2. Learn the PowerPC architecture. My selection of PowerPC architecture is due to some embedded software job openings that open at my work on a regular basis. I have 15 years of software development experience (mostly Java), but I'm knowledgeable of C/C++ and x86 assem...

Re: New embedded Java-based controller released

Started by Ralph White in comp.arch.embedded15 years ago 1 reply

Martin Schoeberl wrote: > "Ralph.White" schrieb im Newsbeitrag > news:c021e1c1.0409080939.c98e4fe@posting.google.com... > > "Martin...

Martin Schoeberl wrote: > "Ralph.White" schrieb im Newsbeitrag > news:c021e1c1.0409080939.c98e4fe@posting.google.com... > > "Martin Schoeberl" wrote in message > news: ... > > > > > > Has someone access to this system? I would be interested how this JIT > > > solution on a ARM compares to a 'real' J

Announcement: State-chart code generation from Metamill UML tool

Started by Anonymous in comp.arch.embedded6 years ago

Metamill is a UML 2.3 modeling software, for visual design of UML state diagrams. We are pleased to announce that the latest version of the...

Metamill is a UML 2.3 modeling software, for visual design of UML state diagrams. We are pleased to announce that the latest version of the sinelabore code-generator now supports C/C++/Java code generation from XMI files, exported from Metamill. Key features are: - Automatic generation of production-quality code. The generated code is based on nested switch/case and if/then/else

USB Connection between MCU and Mobile Phone

Started by w2k_83 in comp.arch.embedded11 years ago 1 reply

I am working on a wireless transceiver to pair with a mobile phone. I already have a Java midlet that can receive data via the USB cable...

I am working on a wireless transceiver to pair with a mobile phone. I already have a Java midlet that can receive data via the USB cable (It receives serially using UART though). I am using the Nordic nRF24LU1 transceiver which has a built-in 8051 MCU. How do I configure the MCU to send data through its attached USB port via UART so that I can pair it together with the mobile phone and do serial...