EmbeddedRelated.com

GUI interface to an embedded system

Started by GMM50 in comp.arch.embedded17 years ago 6 replies

Hi: I'm developing am embedded system with Ethernet, USB and Serial ports. I want to provide a GUI interface which the user can use...

Hi: I'm developing am embedded system with Ethernet, USB and Serial ports. I want to provide a GUI interface which the user can use to configure and program the system. One approach is to use java and deliver a compiled/compressed file to a browser that provides that gui interface. My question is are there alternatives to this approach that I can use with either the USB or Serial inte...

Cheap PowerPC Evaluation Board? Does one exist?

Started by luis.espinal in comp.arch.embedded14 years ago 8 replies

Hi all - I'm trying to find an evaluation board with which I can 1. Learn the basics of embedded software development, and 2. Learn the...

Hi all - I'm trying to find an evaluation board with which I can 1. Learn the basics of embedded software development, and 2. Learn the PowerPC architecture. My selection of PowerPC architecture is due to some embedded software job openings that open at my work on a regular basis. I have 15 years of software development experience (mostly Java), but I'm knowledgeable of C/C++ and x86 assem...

Re: New embedded Java-based controller released

Started by Ralph White in comp.arch.embedded20 years ago 1 reply

Martin Schoeberl wrote: > "Ralph.White" schrieb im Newsbeitrag > news:c021e1c1.0409080939.c98e4fe@posting.google.com... > > "Martin...

Martin Schoeberl wrote: > "Ralph.White" schrieb im Newsbeitrag > news:c021e1c1.0409080939.c98e4fe@posting.google.com... > > "Martin Schoeberl" wrote in message > news: ... > > > > > > Has someone access to this system? I would be interested how this JIT > > > solution on a ARM compares to a 'real' J

Announcement: State-chart code generation from Metamill UML tool

Started by Anonymous in comp.arch.embedded11 years ago

Metamill is a UML 2.3 modeling software, for visual design of UML state diagrams. We are pleased to announce that the latest version of the...

Metamill is a UML 2.3 modeling software, for visual design of UML state diagrams. We are pleased to announce that the latest version of the sinelabore code-generator now supports C/C++/Java code generation from XMI files, exported from Metamill. Key features are: - Automatic generation of production-quality code. The generated code is based on nested switch/case and if/then/else

USB Connection between MCU and Mobile Phone

Started by w2k_83 in comp.arch.embedded16 years ago 1 reply

I am working on a wireless transceiver to pair with a mobile phone. I already have a Java midlet that can receive data via the USB cable...

I am working on a wireless transceiver to pair with a mobile phone. I already have a Java midlet that can receive data via the USB cable (It receives serially using UART though). I am using the Nordic nRF24LU1 transceiver which has a built-in 8051 MCU. How do I configure the MCU to send data through its attached USB port via UART so that I can pair it together with the mobile phone and do serial...